Torque screwdrivers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4tty

Scaredy cat™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondered how many of you use torque screwdrivers for terminating. I've got my assessment soon and was wondering if I was going to get pulled on it as I've only got/use normal drivers but make sure I do it up tight to the torque setting fixed in me wrist lol.

I've read that to comply with the reg re following manufacturers instructions you have to use a torque screwdriver ?

Any thoughts if it hasn't been discussed before (prob has but couldn't find it )

Cheers :)

Matt

I think it wont be long before we have to produce them and a calcert on assessment day.

Hello

My assessor recomended to me have one.I'm with Elecsa too.So I've bought a set.

Vad.

It did get mentioned on my assessment last year but not this year. I've got a mechanics torque wrench but it's not insulated but that can be sorted with some tape lol.

Just Spotted this thread M4tty, I have just ordered 5 sets of Torque Screwdrivers from a well known MCB supplier.

I'm afraid I can't offer any images or details of the supplier just yet, however i can say they are VDE 1000v 0.5 - 5.0 but will still be fairly expensive.

The rep who sold them to us did say they would be asked for more and more (he would though of course), they will appear on a well known web site soon.

Don't need to be insulated though, why would they, you are only EVER fitting wires to dead circuits, (EAWR).

Also some makers of this kit promote the insulated versions for doing EICR's, how can you loosen a live terminal under load and re-torque it during an EICR? (EAWR again & common sense!)

So they are cheaper uninsulated.