Towel Rad with hidden flex

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binky

retired and loving it!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as per the title I'm loking for a make of towel rad that has a hidden flex, or can be purchased with a cover to hide the flex? Cost is not an issue.

We did a refub last year and the customer fitted a chrome elbow & bit of pipe that covered the flex into the wall , then flush to a blank connection plate .

He did all the beggering about , tiling etc  but it looked OK when it was done .  We just connected the blank connection plate.

We did a refub last year and the customer fitted a chrome elbow & bit of pipe that covered the flex into the wall , then flush to a blank connection plate .

He did all the beggering about , tiling etc  but it looked OK when it was done .  We just connected the blank connection plate.

I like that, 

Just thinking if it looked like a chrome plumbing pipe going into a wall, and the wire chased in vertically or horizontally in the "safe" zones, how would anyone with a drill know that there was a wire there?

Edit; I can see how Deke's install worked, there was a blank plate, but otherwise?

Last edited by a moderator:
I take your point ,  we would have had a flex outlet plate , outlet at the bottom & the flex just looping into the rail .     He didn't want it that way but I tend to dig my heels in with stuff like that , we had not priced to phart about like that , there were three of them to do and actually not very good for future maintenance . 

Chrome pipe grouted into the tiles , no spare on the flex , looked good but not practical , it was OK to do as a DIY job when time doesn't matter,  but not when you've allowed 1/2 hour to connect , not fitting , then re-fitting & fiddling & pharting about .