Trade Point

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
Yes B&Q are now in on the act.......a trade only counter you have to proove you are in the trade for the materials you are purchasing.

So I thought I'd ask the manager guy a few questions:

1) are you part of B&Q then?

Yes but we are only aloud to supply trade, not diyers.

2)So what is the proof of being in a trade that you need to show at the till?

It's a keyfob with trade point printed on it. just show it as proof of being a member of trade point. To get the fob you need to produce proof of trade such as company letter head.

3) And what stops somebody lending the fob to a diyer mate?

If we find out they loose the privilage of having trade prices by getting barred from the trade point scheme.

4) At least its a start getting the electrical stuff away from diyers, when will the shelves be cleared of cu's & the like in the store?

Oh all that will stay this area of tills are trade only but diyers can still buy everything from the B&Q area of thje store

The catalouge is & products are identical to screwfix / electricfix & next to no savings on what joe public pay on the B&Q diyer side of the tills.

Yes B&Q are now in on the act.......a trade only counter you have to proove you are in the trade for the materials you are purchasing.So I thought I'd ask the manager guy a few questions:

1) are you part of B&Q then?

Yes but we are only aloud to supply trade, not diyers.

2)So what is the proof of being in a trade that you need to show at the till?

It's a keyfob with trade point printed on it. just show it as proof of being a member of trade point. To get the fob you need to produce proof of trade such as company letter head.

3) And what stops somebody lending the fob to a diyer mate?

If we find out they loose the privilage of having trade prices by getting barred from the trade point scheme.

4) At least its a start getting the electrical stuff away from diyers, when will the shelves be cleared of cu's & the like in the store?

Oh all that will stay this area of tills are trade only but diyers can still buy everything from the B&Q area of thje store

The catalouge is & products are identical to screwfix / electricfix & next to no savings on what joe public pay on the B&Q diyer side of the tills.
super,,,i will get my lad to make one up like every other diyer will !!!!!!

My thoughts exactly TS....................waste of space time & effort in my view.

The blokes parting shot was

"well we have listened to our trade customers & one of the big gripes was having to que at the tills.

so being a trade point member you now use these tills & dont have to que due to diyers".

No mate I'd just have to go to one of the two trade point tills & joint the longish que of trades persons who have trollys full of jack of all trade materials, shirt logo says ABC TREE SURGERY & he's buying

Lets face it the B&Q s etc. are for the public , you can't run a business buying from B&Q I'm always suprised to see the builder's vans there at all.
Me too, I'm amazed by the amount of timber, Plasterboard and Bag material these guy's load up with and the prices are stupid. They must be band from all the merchants to shop there.

Phoned Electricfix the other day for some Speaker cable as the catalogue price was cheaper than my wholesaler, got told the price is now