Trianco electric boilers.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Evening all.

Have any of you guys and girls had any dealings with Trianco Aztec electric boilers. I have one at the moment that is locking out in the morning. You can reset it by switching it on and off a few times. It is about 31/2 years old.

Batty

Does it have a cpu board the ones I have repaired it is this that has failed by switching it off then on again you may be resetting it CJS

cjs

Have spoken to Trianco about it they say circuit board has gone to but it is going to cost nearly as much as a new boiler to replace it so I am thinking try a Heatrae Sadia as they do a similar one. Hopefully it may last more than

3 1/2 years.

Batty

not the best boiler on the market, the installation is the main reason these are so readily fitted,

easy and basic to install, the down side is even if they are installed wrong they will still work just not very well.

Update

Fitted Heatrae Sadia one just before xmas. Was slightly taller so pipework had to be altered but all working ok. They are very efficient and seem to warm water up very quickly. I think if I had no gas. I possibly would fit one rather than storage heaters.

Batty

i am on a course next week for the trianco boilers. and air source heaters.

god knows why i bother ..

Keep away from Hot Box Htrs they use 300w Halogen/security lamps. They are absolute garbage

I have had one of these boilers installed since 2005 also, and it has recently failed. The boiler starts up, but almost immediately cuts out and the red lock out lamp illuminates.

I have been fastidious about carrying out the annual service, and have been very happy with the boiler.

One of the capacitors on the pcb looks as if it has blown. Would it be worthwhile trying to replace this capacitor, or should I cut my losses and replace the boiler?

@batty. I have my boiler hooked up to an Albion Mainsflow Contractor thermal store, and run wet rads off it. Prior to installing this we had night store heaters on E7 and an immersion for hot water. Our winter leccy bills were around

Hello tazza welcome to the forum. I think these boilers are not built to last. The Heatrae Sadia one we fitted looked better quality but time will tell. Anyway if you wanted to rob some bits of the one I took out your are welcome to it was a 6kw version. Trouble with the printed circuit boards they where nearly as much as a new boiler.

Batty

Why thankee kindly sir, I'm toying with the idea of replacing the blown capacitor - just for chucks and giggles really - to see if that does any good. The boiler will be replaced though, cos I feel this is the start of a slippery slope.

Many thanks for the offer all the same.

I dug out the original PO for the boiler last night. My initial order was for the Heatrae Amptec boiler, but it was out of stock with a 10 week lead time. The Trianco was about

Update!

Well, I replaced the blown capacitor today. Took 5 mins or so, and boiler is now a happy camper once more. I think it is time to start saving the pennies though to replace the boiler before something else goes wrong.

Fingers crossed it will last long enough for me to get a replacement.