trunking skirting

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonpig

Reaction score
Well this is my last post before bed, my woman gets back tommorrow:x so i need my beauty sleep especially because i have boobie time owed to me and i intend to collect;) ;) :x :p:D.

If you remeber the other day i was asking about skirting trunking, you fellas advised me that it is hard to find some suitable for a domestic property, luckilyl i did manage to find something suitable but i cant find it now, it was a kind of torus style skirting board with room behind to run cables or pipes. Does anyone know the type i am talking about? or have a link to it maybe?

If not then i had a thought earlier, what do you think about making your own purpose made trunking skirting? I was thinking run a some batten along the wall and then fix some skirting to the batten, and run the cables in some mini trunking behind the skirting?

What do you think does it sound like a good idea?

Well this is my last post before bed, my woman gets back tommorrow:x so i need my beauty sleep especially because i have boobie time owed to me and i intend to collect ;) ; ) :x :p:D.

Too much info! - We loads of Female members on here - Please think of them. ;)

With regards to the skirtings that you were previously looking at....

...Why don't you look through the "History" of what you have viewed on your PC? As long as you haven't deleted it, you will find it on there. :)

..........what do you think about making your own purpose made trunking skirting? I was thinking run a some batten along the wall and then fix some skirting to the batten, and run the cables in some mini trunking behind the skirting?What do you think does it sound like a good idea?
As mentioned on other post as a general rule I would avoid running cables behind skirting... { This being where the skirting is fixed, 'as normal', flush with the finished plaster level.}

However...

The method you describe where the skirting would fixed proud of the plaster, (battens width), I would be of the opinion that it is clearly obvious to the average person that something was fixed behind it, thus care would be taken before fixing, nailing, screwing anything to or through the skirting.

So IMO this method would be more acceptable.

At the end of the day its about assessing the risks of damage to the cables during installation & any later fixing of typical decorative fixtures.

(i.e. the safe zones concept)...

Would the average person be able to logically assume that a cable (or pipe for that matter) is run along a particular route....

vert/hoz from accessory - YES probably

boxed in area down/across wall - YES probably

Skirting battened proud from wall - YES probably

diagonally down a wall -NO unlikely

along a wall where no accessories are present - NO unlikely

behind flush normal fitted skirting - NO unlikely.

thats the way I could consider things ? ;) :)

trad skirting, battened & painted (or stained), would most probably look neater and be more durable long term! ;) :)

As mentioned on other post as a general rule I would avoid running cables behind skirting... { This being where the skirting is fixed, 'as normal', flush with the finished plaster level.}However...

The method you describe where the skirting would fixed proud of the plaster, (battens width), I would be of the opinion that it is clearly obvious to the average person that something was fixed behind it, thus care would be taken before fixing, nailing, screwing anything to or through the skirting.

So IMO this method would be more acceptable.

At the end of the day its about assessing the risks of damage to the cables during installation & any later fixing of typical decorative fixtures.

(i.e. the safe zones concept)...

Would the average person be able to logically assume that a cable (or pipe for that matter) is run along a particular route....

vert/hoz from accessory - YES probably

boxed in area down/across wall - YES probably

Skirting battened proud from wall - YES probably

diagonally down a wall -NO unlikely

along a wall where no accessories are present - NO unlikely

behind flush normal fitted skirting - NO unlikely.

thats the way I could consider things ?
I though you would see it that way mate;), but it worth checking first.

Especially since the boxed skirting trunking would also cover the central heating pipes, so the tails to the rad valces would be visable coming out the top of the skirting trunking, making it very clear that ther was services run behind the skirting. Plus as the pipes would be boxed in also there would be no need to fix anything to the front of the skirting in the future, maling the cables nice and safe.

trad skirting, battened & painted (or stained), would most probably look neater and be more durable long term!
I couldnt agree more mate, and it would be a lot cheaper to;).

I though you would see it that way mate;), but it worth checking first............I couldnt agree more mate, and it would be a lot cheaper to;).
:) ;)

What a crazy time to be postin on an Internet forum m8!!!

nearly half three.......!!!!!! :_| :) :eek: :O:p

I'm off to bed................

:^O :^O:^O:^O:^O

:) ;) What a crazy time to be postin on an Internet forum m8!!!

nearly half three.......!!!!!! :_| :) :eek: :O:p

I'm off to bed................

:^O :^O:^O:^O:^O
I know its terrible:D:D, but i have been haveing a domestic] :) , since the pubs not open to make a tactical retreat i decided to seek sanctuary here, untill i am more relaxed.

Anyhoo sleep tight my friend.

Well this is my last post before bed, my woman gets back tommorrow so i need my beauty sleep especially because i have boobie time owed to me and i intend to collect.Too much info! - We loads of Female members on here - Please think of them.
Whats makes you think i am not one of them;) :^O

Your quite right my good man it displays quite a lack of decorrum;\, unfotunatley this moonpig was drowning his sorrows and had to much moonshine.

I do apologise to our electrical sisters if i caused you any offence and hope you can forgive me:), i am not a shovernised moonpig, but unfortunately i have the typical site humour (or at least typical in my part of the woods and any other sites i have worked on), plus i migrated here from screwfix where pretty much anything goes and the women are mainly men in disguise (you probally know who i am talkimg about). Besides dont tell anyone but your my favourites;) :x , and so the last people i would want to cause offence.

Rest assured i have paid my pennace because i was expecting of my woman to come home, but instead the wicked witch of the west came bursting through the front door ranting at warp factor speed and sending me for cover.