TT races

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mental! Just watching some coverage on ITV4, not sure if its a repeat but kakaka krazy! All the riders seem to be northerners aswell.

thats yesterdays racing sellers,

yep, helmet on, brain off so they say,

one of our revs is there,

lucky B****r

will be on itv4 every night next week I think....

gotta live with that and the online commentary and race updates on my android this year, :(

not long til the manx tho and will have the pennies by then I hope,

better have,! spannering for a guy at it.!!! :|

Gutted I can't be there but aiming to go next year on my Gixxer. Gutted for Guy Martin - I thought it was his year. Just made me want to get on my bike and go for a blast. Was unable to yesterday cos it hammered it down so seeing as I just have paperwork to do today I think it's time to get the leathers on and get out.

Restart at 1 o,clock. Bad crash at glen roe. U listening online u lucky sod.?

Cirrus, have u ever been to the manx? Its a lot more friendly, and more down to earth.

One of the guys died today, all part of the racing I guess. 34 year old racer Derek Brien from County Meath in Ireland.

My thoughts to his family.

The racing still goes on, and I would think that Derek would have wanted it that way.

I am for the first time this week watching it tonight, the program that is on now is very good.

its a passion manator,! although they do get paid, the guys in the top teams that is, its not simply money for them when you weigh up the 'costs' involved,

as we so sadly found out today, :(

I was imo very lucky in that I grew up within spitting distance of a road course, the mid-Antrim 150, and caught the bug from a very early age, and knew the risks involved even then as I knew some people that paid the ultimate price,

but for a motorcycle racer it is probably the pinnacle, like a climber and mount everest I suppose.

Restart at 1 o,clock. Bad crash at glen roe. U listening online u lucky sod.? Cirrus, have u ever been to the manx? Its a lot more friendly, and more down to earth.
No, never made it but would love to. Trouble is, I ride a Suzuki GSXR600 and looking at how much kit, the tent etc etc you need to have for a few days away I can't see how I could get it on my bike. Then it becomes a decision about taking the car instead and I reckon it ruins the vibe.

NEVER TAKE A CAR. I've only been once, it's bloody marvellous but defo take bike or you will kick yourself to death. Not really into racing but the whole bike atmosphere and enormous amount of partying is brill, from getting on the ferry, to riding the circuit, to drinking in Douglas, to watching seals in the harbour, to watching daft buggers bungee jumping on the prom, to..... you get the picture.

No, never made it but would love to. Trouble is, I ride a Suzuki GSXR600 and looking at how much kit, the tent etc etc you need to have for a few days away I can't see how I could get it on my bike. Then it becomes a decision about taking the car instead and I reckon it ruins the vibe.
Cirrus, I have a really good German friend that does it every year on his bike,!!!!!!!

depending on his boats etc he sometimes has a stop over with me here in England if possible.

I NEVER take a bike with me, I go on foot, but then I can, I stay at the guys house I spanner for at the Manx, and if I need a bike or car can always borrow someones,

last year I used his wifes scooter to death.!!!!!!! :slap . she has a CBR125 now, :)

year before I borrowed an RGV250 , MEGA fun :D

if you ever fancy the Manx let me know and I'll sort out a tent for you over there, you'll only have to sort out a site and pitch it and take it down, :)

what else could you possibly need, apart from some sun, and cold beer.! :D

Forgot to mention, also make sure your bike is in good fettle or you will look really silly on Mad Sunday. I had a GS850 at the time (it was a while ago), and kind of knew the suspension was a bit soft, but normal riding didn't bother it. Got to TT, bloody thing wallowed like a drunk hippo - still fun, but was having trouble burning off a new Goldwing - not good :^O

LMAO binky,

I was on a borrowed NC30 one year and following my mate (just about, I couldnt keep up with him now!) on his and the amount of R1s gixxer thou's etc that we passed was unbelievable,

until another of the mates screamed past us on a 250 !!!!!!!

if you are gonna do mad sunday you deffo need a bike in decent shape, and a head that doesnt see red mist when the locals (or others even) on smaller bikes pass you.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:12 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:26 ----------

spagecock :slap

Were there not three seperate deaths in the Isle of man this year did I read somewhere, surprised the do good brigade are not calling for its abolition, if this were boxing they would be out in force .

every year Mick, recently it has quietened down a bit from the cotton wool brigade,

NO spectators have been killed for a couple of years now, but when that happens it is all hell broke loose.

the organising body had to relinquish control a couple of years ago to keep it afloat after someone got hit by a bike in pitlane.

No spectators killed !!!

Even I have to stop and think is it right to have a sport where not only the participants are killed on a fairly regular basis but those who go to watch it are killed also.

I am 100% for taking responsibility for whatever sport you choose to take up and any consequences, but I was actually a little shocked when I read your post, the line No spectatotors have been killed.....FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS NOW. I didn't know any spectators had ever been killed.

Obviously though people are extremely passionate about the sport and so long as they DO realise there are risks involved and dont go bleating about it when something untoward happens then fine.

If you attend ANY motor sport event as a spectator on the back of the ticket is a "disclaimer" stating that motor sport is dangerous and you attend at your own risk, too right as well, if you don't want to be there don't go!

sorry, when I read that now it sounds a bit blase, its not meant to be,

I only know of once in recent history of a spectator being killed due to the racing,

what I meant was,

frickin idiots riding round the course when the roads are open and treating it like a race track!!!!

head on collisions are not uncommon mid corner cos they think they are *[insert your favourite rider here]* .

they are still recorded as spectator deaths by the press, shock value,

rather than RTAs caused by reckless riding, which they obviously are.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:13 ----------

thing is SW, there are no tickets at the TT, or most road racing,

you pick a hedge and sit there waiting to get blown away(literally and mentally) by the speed of the bikes going past 18" from you.

jump to 30 secs

Latest posts