uhhhhh snakes

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gullyboy_131

Reaction score
Just got in from college and had a phone call offering some work, a full rewire of a 3 bedroom house just around the corner, gonna do the work and get someone to test and certify. The reason for this they had a big fire in their house last night and the reason being so i am told they actually breed snakes and with all the lighting systems used exstension leads plugged into exstension leads overloading them. The bloke was out til the early hours this morning taking out dead snakes and looking for live ones. apparently the fire brigade let rip sending the snakes everywhere.

any advice lol

have had a really good day today aswell

Just got in from college and had a phone call offering some work, a full rewire of a 3 bedroom house just around the corner, gonna do the work and get someone to test and certify. The reason for this they had a big fire in their house last night and the reason being so i am told they actually breed snakes and with all the lighting systems used exstension leads plugged into exstension leads overloading them. The bloke was out til the early hours this morning taking out dead snakes and looking for live ones. apparently the fire brigade let rip sending the snakes everywhere.any advice lol

have had a really good day today aswell
I hope not! Go and inform Building Control that you are doing the work and pay BC the fee.

Other than a Periodic Inspection Sparks CANNOT inspect and test other peoples work! A full re-wire requires a Electrical Installation Certificate.

I hope not! Go and inform Building Control that you are doing the work and pay BC the fee.Other than a Periodic Inspection Sparks CANNOT inspect and test other peoples work! A full re-wire requires a Electrical Installation Certificate.
how does this work out then, cant they say they carried out the work if tested and found to be ok, rather give money to a sparks than bc

self certification scheme strictly forbids signing off on other peoples work.

We have done a periodic on a property for our LABC as the home owner didn't follow the rules.

LABC will then will issue a regularization certificate and completion certificate.

Basically if this is domestic work or a premise fed from a domestic supply ( eg commercial workshop fed from house)

it will need either a building notice and building control or registered part p installer