Unit cost of electric

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maccarooni

Reaction score
Evening guy and gals.

Just wondering what the unit cost of electric is from different suppliers. My dear missus has always looked after the house paperwork and when a bill came in I just checked the reading were as near as accurate and she paid them.

Now today we get a letter from E.ON, due to recent wholesale blah blah blah the cost per unit kWh will be increasing from 4th Feb to

first unit rate 23.69p/kWh plus vat, annual threshold of 900kWh

next unit rate of 11.23pkWh plus vat.

This seems a little high to me as it means i gotta use 900kWh of leccy to receive the cheaper tarriff.

So what do you guys pay per unit and what tarrifs are you on .

Macca

Guinness

Same here pretty much. I have E7 heaters so use 4.3p/unit between 12 and 7 still pay an awful lot and that 23p for the first 900kwh is a rip off.....

The 900 is divided into 225kwh per 3 months. so still paying

I also got a letter from Eon yesterday telling me that my fixed rate is coming to an end and that the new system does not have my 26% off for paying both gas and electric by direct debit, but is now 10%, rang up to ask why and was told my bill will rise over the next 12 months by

thanks for the replies,

however rev i dont have an off peak or E7 so dont have much call to use much overnight.. I think I will have a serious look at suppliers rates and possibly change. I have been having a look round the net tonight and it's impossible to find a suppliers rate per unit of either gas/ leccy without first ringing them with your usage details over the last 12 months.

Macca