Urgent help with 2330 L2 unit 4

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bam.5

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first post and I need some help! I have been studying for the 2330 level 2 via distance learning and have so far passed 201,202 and 203 with distinctions at Bridgwater colloge. The main problem that I have is that I cannot find anywhere to get practical experience and though I have completed the 10 week practical course, it has not prepared me for the practical exams. Does anyone have any wiring diagrams and tools/parts lists needed to pass the practical. I have asked the college but they are either on holiday or just send stuff from smartscreen. Not much help. I have the exams in 2 weeks and am panicking. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

BAM.

Hello and welcome. I can't really help but someone that can will, no doubt, be along shortly.

First thing is to remain calm and focused. It's amazing what you actually already know!

I am going to sound very hard here but.

You are getting into a panick over something that you will already know about.

Go to your local builders merchants and get yourself a peice of 6x4 sheet plywood or similar.

Then go to your local electrical distributers and buy some gear,

Conduit, with a couple of saddles couplers etc

Surface mount conduit boxes say 4 single gang and 2 double gang.

A Batten light holder

2 2way single switches 1 intermediate switch (if they need intermiadiate switching on this practical)

1 fused spur outlet

2 double socket outlets.

Then make up your own circuits putting into practice what you have already learned.

Practice with battery power 12v so you get used to throwing in a circuit.

Some of the guys will be on later and let you know what this exact practical entails but practice is the key, and dont let it worry you, you already know what to do is just confidence you need now.

GH over here, right side of the Pennines, the builders merchant sells ply in 8X4 sheets ;)

Better get yourself some cable too! ;)

Playing and practising is a damn good idea. Even if you get a cheap CU to play with too.

The exam usually is made up of 2 way switching of the lights, and a ring final circuit. Make sure you operate switches when testing the lights and brush up on the testing of rings circuits (shown in the on site guide).

Don't panic and good luck

The practical involves SWA into consumer unit then into steel trunking, from the trunking a ring main with 4 sockets run in PVC conduit. Also a 2 way lighting circuit run in steel conduit there will be two 90 degree bends to form, this will be to 2 lights.

Each college is different C&G issue guild lines for the practical so the college can set up there own version of the exam.

Take your own tools if you've got them, as college tools are normally pretty ragged.

Brush up on your testing, take the On Site Guide with you it has the testing procedures in there page 77 - 89.

Get a plastic pipe cutter for the PVC conduit much faster and neater, if you don't have one but you know a plumber ask him he will have one, borrow that for now.

Don't panic look at the drawing first, plan what order you are going to things, go through it in your head, then get your tools out and get cracking.

Good luck with it, I hope I've covered most of your questions anything else just ask.

Tim

when i took that exam last year its a good idea to practice

you also need to know isolating procedure as i was ask this question

also i did all the conduit runs in metal and plastic first for the lighting circuits once

you get them out the way you only left with the sockets

best of luck

Latest posts