Using Facebook To Get More Business

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, I wouldn't want my clients seeing my personal pages as it would be totally unprofessional. I have rugby club / door mates etc who have a laugh with me on FB and write the silliest of things which I certainly wouldn't want clients to see! I won't even let my 13 years old daughter be my friend on FB for fear that she is exposed to language / shenannigans that I would rather she didn't see.

Seems daft that if you have a personal account then you cannot set up a separate business only account.

I have a personal account on fb but I have also set up a buisness page too. The business page is open to anybody but they can't access my personal account. It's a good idea to have links from your website to your buisness page on fb and twitter because I believe it helps with google ratings etc.

I have a personal account on fb but I have also set up a buisness page too. The business page is open to anybody but they can't access my personal account. It's a good idea to have links from your website to your buisness page on fb and twitter because I believe it helps with google ratings etc.
But according to FB that contravenes their rules (unless I read it wrong).

"Maintaining multiple accounts, regardless of the purpose, is a violation of Facebook

It's not another account as such it's a business page for which your the admin. It's like setting up a group but instead it's your company page which you can post promotions, pictures etc. I have set the security settings so that friends can see my personal profile but anyone else can't. All they can see is my name and picture as the admin for the page.

Got 1 callout at the weekend and it's only been setup a week. The good thing about it is that it's free of charge and can be linked to websites and other social networks i.e twitter. I was a bit worried about people having access to my personal fb account through the buisness page but it's secure if you adjust your settings. I have a few dodgy pics and nights out on my profile which I would prefer potential customers not to see lol.