Using the CAL CARD as a calibration tool.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had my elecsa assesment today and have started to use the calcard so that i can not get it calibrated each year. Gary Stevens (the assessor) said that it is acceptable (with abit of sucking through his teeth) as long as test results dont waiver much.

later on he told me that he also calibrates testers too, and as mine was due soon and he was already here he'll do it cheap for me, and will next year too.

i sat there watching him calibrate it and couldnt believe how many seperate tests his tester did on mine (welll over 100). after he'd finished he said that why its always best to have the tester calibrated properly rather than just using the calcard.

i think the calcard is good for checking throughout the year inbetween calibration tests, but i will still have it calibrated properly too.

just thought id let you have my opinion.

wayne

Many will disagree, but calibration every time.

We might as well get used to it as it will come soon.

Any ISO9001 company will need to have it.

Watch this space.

Many will disagree, but calibration every time.We might as well get used to it as it will come soon.

Any ISO9001 company will need to have it.

Watch this space.
Very true, many companies who have any subcontracted electrical work done insist on official calibration. I had to show my testers calibration before I started any work.

Yes had to show ours today and also on MS thumbnail pics of mine and my mates certs i.e ipaf, first aid, 2382,2360 pt1&pt2 and 2391.

Cal card has its use but is no substitute for proper calibration on a yearly basis.

Noz is correct you should only use Cal card after calibration has been done.