Vans- what you got

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sellers

Reaction score
hi folks, I'm in the proccess of getting a new van (second hand) got about 2.5-3k to spend, just wondering what vans you have and what your experiences are of them?

I've seen a few vivaro's and traffics in my price range, but they are made by renault which puts me off. Transits are the old faithfull ones but in my opinion they don't look as smart.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had transits in the past and I have tried the vauxall combo but that was too small and lasted a month before I got rid of it.

I now have a transit high top medium wheelbase and a LDV Maxus which I am now selling its not very good on fuel.

I am buying two new transits this year a long wheel base high top and a medium wheelbase high top, I like the extra height because the ladders and 3 mtr lengths of trunking/conduit fit in very neatly.

I've got a Kangoo 1.9D (non turbo)..

It's too small and under powered,, electrics aren't very reliable (constant airbag warning, failed fuel gauge sender and immobiliser chips in the keys go faulty every 4 years) :( :( :(

I've got a Kangoo 1.9D (non turbo)..It's too small and under powered,, electrics aren't very reliable (constant airbag warning, failed fuel gauge sender and immobiliser chips in the keys go faulty every 4 years) :( :( :(
but other than that its great!!!!!! ]:) :^O :^OROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLBlushing

Transit for me. When you're 6'4", stocky and have size 15 feet it's the only option. I tried all the others and they were just unusable, but the transit is comfortably roomy even for someone my size.

i've got a peugeot expert, new shape, just big enough and had lots of comments on it looking a 'smart' van

had bigger transits and a ldv but found even with the best intensions, the bigger the van the more 'crap' you end up carting around with you....

tried a kangoo but found it wasnt big enough

Hi there,

Renault Trafic DCi100 SWB low roof - Same van as the Vivaro and the Primastar.

One thing to consider when you get a van, is what are the local garages like to work on it. My Renault dealer is ****e, I take it to the next town along, but to be honest with the long service intervals its not an issue. But its something to consider if a fault occurs.

O.

I don't blame them Specs, I am siding with them Mate.

Vauxhall vivaro sportive 1.9 CDTi 2005

Great van very comfy,air con, leccy windows and mirrors (mirrors are heated). Factory alarm, no locks on show on the back doors so scrotes can't stick a screwdriver in them.

Happy to sit on 80-90 mph on the motorways. Gearboxes can be a bit iffy so I've heard

I haven't had a single problem with mine.

Good value van.

I've got a Kangoo 1.9D (non turbo)..It's too small and under powered,, electrics aren't very reliable (constant airbag warning, failed fuel gauge sender and immobiliser chips in the keys go faulty every 4 years) :( :( :(
Don't talk to me about Kangoos, have just discovered they throw gearboxes without warning from as low as 60K X( :_| :_| :_| (can we have an icon for crying into empty beer glass). Not had any major problems with electrics, adn can live with lack of speed as it keeps licence intact, but won't buy another one.

got a vivaro, heard rumours about gear boxes before i bought it but i have had no problems apart from a full fuel system needed 3 weeks after buying, luckily the dealer payed for it all. Great van drives like a car and fast cant fault it, only got 25000 on the clock so shouldnt be having problems for a while yet.

I have had transits in the past and I have tried the vauxall combo but that was too small and lasted a month before I got rid of it.I now have a transit high top medium wheelbase and a LDV Maxus which I am now selling its not very good on fuel.

I am buying two new transits this year a long wheel base high top and a medium wheelbase high top, I like the extra height because the ladders and 3 mtr lengths of trunking/conduit fit in very neatly.
so im not the only one with a MWB/high roof van!

I drive a Merc Vito, never had any issues apart from the fact that they drink oil.

I have to put in 2l a month!

apart from that all good.

primaster.... but looking at the relay or long wheel base vivaro next .. mmm not sure .. now..