Vpn On Draytek 2830N

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know in plain english how to set up a VPN on the Draytek 2830n.

Two reasons I want to do this, 1. So I can stream UK TV to Laptop while abroad and 2. So my Son in China can access the Nas and also try and watch UK TV.

Not yet, but, I'm gonna be looking to do the same shortly!

What NAS?

You may be able to get an app from the NAS vendor then poke a hole in the ports for that.

The NAS is a Buffalo Linkstation 2TB Mirrored, so nothing fancy.

I did try the Buffalo access through web browser from outside the local network and it worked ok, but then I found users on the local network had to keep logging in even though they had mapped the drive, so disabled it, as I only needed access form outside local network once a week.

Hopefully, a new member will be joining shortly; who`se just set two of these up - at either end of a large building (commercial), and "pipelined" em??

He did explain it to me - but that stuff just

went straight over my head. :slap

Canoeboy said:
I've read it several times but -

The teleworker has just a single PC and does not have a router, so relies on the PPTP client built into Windows 98, ME, NT4, 2000 or Windows XP. (Windows 98 will require Dialup Networking Upgrade 1.3, which is a free download from Microsoft).

So what if he does have a router, but I don't know what it's IP address is because it will change from different locations, but but I want to be able to get in to the Draytek from these locations.

I'll give it a go this week, if I can figure it out.

Canoeboy said:
Dont know about TV on the VPN/Nas (I use one of these for that)

FIles is easy and you shouldnt need a VPN if your NAS offers file sharing to user over http with a username and pw
I have looked at a Sling but felt my upload would be an issue, and having thought about it a VPN would be no better.

I think I need to get my son to research a UK host company who stream at higher rate than my domestic will, to stand any chance of getting something viewable.

Latest posts