Vx1-Voltage-Optimiser.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoneman

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone heard of a 'globus homes VX1 voltage optimiser'?

As voltage optimisers go, they seem very good value or cheap & nasty.

Mate of mine rates them - it's not my area as yet... Any comments?

Would value your input!

Darren.

Last edited by a moderator:
the answer is simple, lower voltage in, less output... so you kettle will now take longer to do the same job (so not saving anything). lamps will be dimmer (so kind of saving, until you fit brighter lamps because the existing are now too dim)... switch mode power supplies will simply use more current to get the same output... so not saving anything

so basically, a complete waste of time / money

Last edited by a moderator:
Basic physics.....power in = power out .....disregarding losses

IMHO it is all smoke and mirrors......bloke on here was pishing them a while back.

He was asked by one of our senior members for an evaluation unit to perform some tests on.

I think it got lost in the post!

Save money.....?

Turn lights off

Insulate

Get one of those chopper units for the CH...they look like they should work

Just saying

still keep seeing VO units claiming to improve solar PV outputs - s'funny, everytime I ask how this could possibly work, I don't seem to get an answer.

If you search previous threads there is an extensive argument about VO units. Short version is VO can work in certain circumstances, hence they get used in industry/ commercial premises, but you are unlikely to find these circumstances in the average house.