Warranty Claim

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lillpete

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I sent Dilog 9083p testers back for repair as they had started to say that the fuse had gone and would not complete any tests even though the fuse was fine?

The problem is they have contacted me today to say that they are out of warranty, they come with a 2 year warranty and I only bought the tester in Feb this year??

Unfortunatly I bought them from an ebay auction so they may well be older than I originally thought :| they were however listed as new came sealed in there box and have been used only maybe half a dozen times from new?? As it is a "17th edition tester" surely it cannot be out of warranty for a 2 year one??

I've bought new testers now (from a proper shop) so it's not a problem however I was wondering if anyone knows when they started selling these as I don't want to have to pay to get them repaired when I've had them such a short length of time (I have probably paid

Not sure when they came out but I think it may be more than two years ago. I had one and that went back faulty and with refund I brought a fluke. Good luck though.

I have the same tester and althought the unit itself seems fine so far, the plug top lead for Zs, RCD etc has frayed badly and gives me false redings. I emailed them Thursday and same day had an email apologising and saying they have changed the design now and will send a new lead free of charge. I didn't have to give them serial no for the meter or anything. Always found DiLog to be very fair.

Latest posts