Weekend away

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Brennan

Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas of a place for a good weekend away

Going to take the mrs away for the weekend this weekend but im useless at finding anywere good. not bothered were in the uk.

We split up few nights ago so this may be the last chance

Sorry to hear that.

What about Paris? I wouldn't have thought the cost difference between there and somewhere in the UK would be that great and its got that romantic factor that women just seem to love.

Ian.

cheers for the link will have a look.

Prob my own fault, had that much stress lately cause of money worries, no work, etc etc i have prob took it all out on her without realising..

That's got my vote too, I love Paris. You have the small winding streets the fantastic buildings and history. You could take your missis up the eiffel tower (that's not euthamism).

Take a trip up the winding streets Montmartre, one of the most breath taking views you will see is the the view from Montmartre (http://people.csail.mit.edu/harr/Paris/viewfrommontmartre.html) this does not do it justice but you get the idea, out of this world.

Also on Montmartre, you have the caf

You could take your missis up the eiffel tower (that's not euthamism).
:^OApplaud Smiley:^O funniest thing I've heard all day.

Myself I wouldn't want to go to a country full of French people who eat snails. What about a nice quiet hotel in the lake district or similar?

Somewhere quiet where you can get away from everything and have time to yourselves. Not taking the Missus up the Eiffel Tower and a trip round the Luvre - that's not what this is about. ?:|

Hope it works out for you :)

That's another possibility and you are not far from Blackpool!!

Kiss me quick hat, picture taken wi monkey and t'ride on donkeys!!

What's wrong with Snails?

I think that should be put to a vote!

Hands up who likes Escargot!!

DV03-6472.jpg

Thank you Sir!!

That's another possibility and you are not far from Blackpool!!Kiss me quick hat, picture taken wi monkey and t'ride on donkeys!!
Applaud Smiley:^O:^O Imtrying to keep her

If you want it to be special I would take her to Paris, not far really and blackpool have flights out to there as well.

Sorry to hear of your troubles I am afraid that would and does happen to anyone who is self employed.

I have some contracts comming up but are only in the tender stage and have yet to be confirmed. (Two schools during the school breaks, and a church when the diocese have their meeting in June).

If your stuck for work I may be able to pass some on to you.

I'm sorry to hear about your probs mate & I hope it all works out for you and the Mrs...

TBH if you have money worries then I'd forget about taking her away for the weekend or anything like that which is going to cost you money you don't have. To Women it's not about the grand gesture, they want all that love, caring and romance stuff....

What I'd suggest is that you have a look locally that you could take her for a walk, picnic etc,,,, somewhere you can relax, take a break and talk things over (city breaks are just too hectic - I've done them and you need a break to recover!!).. However what you do need to do is surprise her and do all the organizing and preparation,, just tell her to be ready at a certain time and to be dressed in whatever clothes are suitable for wherever you go (but don't tell her!!) and when you do go, don't talk about money or work this is all about the two of you

HTH

BTW I do not have a romantic bone in my body (my wife can confirm that!!), but we have been married 13 years and have been through a hell of a lot in that time... the way we get through the tough times is by saying to ourselves "sod everything, it's my wife, daughter and me that matter; the rest is irrelevant"

Right then,

From a female POV

I'd say, it doesn't have to be away for the weekend,

Romantic meal-take her to a restaurant or cook yourself,

Theatre/cinema-which ever she prefers,

Picnic in the park-take strawberries.

Buy her flowers, chocolates, or even purfume.

Treat her like a princess(like all women should be treated :) )

Right then,From a female POV

I'd say, it doesn't have to be away for the weekend,

Romantic meal-take her to a restaurant or cook yourself,

Theatre/cinema-which ever she prefers,

Picnic in the park-take strawberries.

Buy her flowers, chocolates, or even purfume.

Treat her like a princess(like all women should be treated :) )
Take good notes Admin 1:p:p