what do u think

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well they didn't even question it! The box was supplied and cost him a quite a bit!

All enclosures will be earthed so don't worry lol I'm not silly

But thanks for all your comments I will post a pic of the finished master peice next week

Are u on about the N and E tuning through the same holes and magnetic fields of the single core cables?? I'm lost

Change to top of the isolator/fuse switch for a brass gland plate?

i.e. cut most of the top away and then fit a brass gland plate instead to run the cables through.

Oh, but that won't work as that will destroy the standard of the enclosure...

Are u talking about the iso switch? And the stuffing glands?

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 17:42 ---------- Previous post was made at 17:39 ----------

Iv seen tails entering like that many times before

Are u talking about the iso switch? And the stuffing glands?---------- Post Auto-Merged at 17:42 ---------- Previous post was made at 17:39 ----------

Iv seen tails entering like that many times before
ah, the old 'well it works so it must be right'

yes, im on about each individual conductor entering a metallic enclosure through individual holes

I'm not saying it's wright , I understand the magnetic currents and all. How much if an effect do u think it will cause? I'm learning every day like all of us!

Electroglow,

Just because other Muppets have done it is NOT an excuse to do a Monkey See monkey Do.

It does not comply with the regs, thus it is doubtful it will comply with EAWR89, & PUWER98 which are both STATUTE LAW.

Please show that you know better and do it correctly.

You have already said this is an industrial/commercial install, if you are signing the cert and something happens then you will be in the dock, and if you think we are grilling you, then this is nothing mate to what an expert witness would do to you! ;)

I see andy and sw ganging up on me lol But no I like it that u share your experience I can tell h are more experienced than me so thanks for the help

Listen, I didn't think it would cause that much of a problem as it kind of close.... I thought it was more professional to do that then cut a large whole in the top As I said we all learn every day

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 17:57 ---------- Previous post was made at 17:55 ----------

How much if an affect so u think it will have?

Electroglow,

I am not ganging up on you with Andy, it just worries me that you do not know this stuff, and, that you still did not know it when we prompted you.

If you are undertaking your own designs then I would be concerned for your competence TBH.

I am trying to be nice by the way.

I had Mitie engineering these people (Facilities management,property services,energy management | MITIE) on the phone the other day because I pulled them up on a HUGE public sector job they had done.

There was another forum member in my dining room with me when they rang.

Their designers had totally missed their responsibilities under CDM, BS7671, EAWR89, PUWER98 and probably a couple of other things I can't think of right now.

So it is not just you mate.

They were asking me to advise them FOC, cats chance in my book.

I pointed them in the direction of HSE guidance & BS7671.

The public sector client will crucify them and possibly even accommodate them if they don't sort it!

This can be serious stuff mate, people can die or go to jail because of your decisions and lack of knowledge is not a defence.

Under H&S law the basic burden of proof is reversed.

Yes the prosecution have to build a case as SteveT, our resident solicitor will remind me if I don't add this, however, that is the general situation.

We are trying to help honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:
well he can't actually mate because there is no gland plate on the top of the device!

he would be modifying a CE marked and approved device so he would then be responsible for the design and FMEA etc. of the mod.

There are a few other cheats, or he could change the device...

Latest posts