What happens after we've notified work?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where does it say you need to give the builder a copy.When submitting NICEIC part P's one goes to local buidings control and the other to the address unless it's a new build then you can address it to whoever.
Is it worded " Issue to the person ordering the work" ?

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 19:39 ---------- Previous post was made at 19:27 ----------

Only a few ramblings, not in any way connected to each other you understand?Electricians

Dekes photo

on a register somewhere

Yes Kercher , the amassing of information was a typical Labour type thing, notify all jobs , Gas fitters notify all boilers, JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme with photo, CIS Inland Revenue card photo, they even discussed a tracker on every car so they could charge you mileage . (And also know where you are going at any given time )

as has been said , we also the most CCTV'd country in the world .

CIS Inland Revenue card photo,
Eh?

I'm signed up to the CIS scheme and have a CIS number.

All it means is when subcontracting, the contractor can deduct tax before paying me (so therefore less tax to pay after I submit my tax return)

I Don't have a CIS card, let alone one with a photo. I'm just a number :)

Eh?I'm signed up to the CIS scheme and have a CIS number.

All it means is when subcontracting, the contractor can deduct tax before paying me (so therefore less tax to pay after I submit my tax return)

I Don't have a CIS card, let alone one with a photo. I'm just a number :)
You are not a number .........You're a free man !!!!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:03 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:38 ----------

Don't start me on the CIS scheme ......have you tried being an employer using that bloody stupid scheme ??

Nothing wrong with the old 714 system but no they had to mess with it .

south tyneside have asked for copy of EIC (but never part p) before they will sign off an extension a few times

and the 'certificate' from elecsa is very minimal... i.e almost nothing on it. also you cant make note of any limitations, so your 'partial re-wire' for example, could include that cooker circuit customer installed after you left, and they 'lost' your EIC

should be able to add notes of exactly what was done, but then that would be too complicated and they wont be able to make as much profit

As everyone else has said, In my case on every single relevant job the inspector will not sign off until he sees a copy of the Part P cert & is not interested in the fact his department has been sent a copy.

I've seen the Elecsa Part P certs when dealing with existing customers. Stupid thing about them though is they don't have any reference number to match the EIC.
The NICEIC addressed this a while ago and you have to put the corresponding cert number on the Part P notification. At the same time they also said the notification HAS to be sent to the address the work was carried out unless a new build or rental.

Until then it was a joke as someone who had not had a registered spark do the job could get one in and say, fit a bathroom light and fill out a Part P notification stating ' alterations on one or more circuits in a notifiable area' for a very large fee ;)