What is this Place ???

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blimey, cripes, good grief !!1 What is this place from where so many sparkies are defecating, or is it defecting from their droves. :eek: :O

Bloomin' glad I found this site first. :D

As we say in Brum, "Whats gooing on our kid, oiy doe loik the sound of it "

Deke

I asked that very question, the answer is in the big long 120 post thread. The name was similar to this but clearly far inferior!

:)

Blimey, cripes, good grief !!1 What is this place from where so many sparkies are defecating, or is it defecting from their droves. :eek: :OBloomin' glad I found this site first. :D

As we say in Brum, "Whats gooing on our kid, oiy doe loik the sound of it "

Deke
OR

theve all come round cuz it looks a bit black over Bills Mothers! :p :^O

In short, we had some major issues with our site. I was the only mod there and the level of dishonesty and underhand dealings was ludicrous. So many gave so much to be told in no uncertain terms that the site was ALL about sponsorship. We all decided that there would be another place we could call home and contribute. I resigned, one of our highest posting senior members was blocked by the forum because his employers stopped sponsoring and we all marched out. I sincerely hope you don't think we are muscling in. The guys are of a similar ilk to you chaps/chapesses and if you can bear with them through the excitement they are gonna display over the next 24/48 hours, things will settle down and return to normal. I hope you find most of us a valuable addition to your great forum over time. Thankyou from all of us for being so accomodating.

Thanks for that Patch, must be the longest thread in the world.

The place sounds like the Dark land of Mordor.

Nice to see that Specs speaks the lingo, it is indeed a bit black over Bill's Mothers.Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyGuiness Drink

One of these guys is a Villa fan so he must be OK Guiness Drink

Deke

In short, we had some major issues with our site. I was the only mod there and the level of dishonesty and underhand dealings was ludicrous. So many gave so much to be told in no uncertain terms that the site was ALL about sponsorship. We all decided that there would be another place we could call home and contribute. I resigned, one of our highest posting senior members was blocked by the forum because his employers stopped sponsoring and we all marched out. I sincerely hope you don't think we are muscling in. The guys are of a similar ilk to you chaps/chapesses and if you can bear with them through the excitement they are gonna display over the next 24/48 hours, things will settle down and return to normal. I hope you find most of us a valuable addition to your great forum over time. Thankyou from all of us for being so accomodating.
Naughty boys come and go real quick on this site !!!!!!!!!

Our Admin family and the moderators take a dim view of anybody rocking the boat here.

the main rules on this site....

there are no stupid questions

and new guys have to start somewhere

happy days

Thanks for the explanation Cirrus. I see another defector is from the Peoples Front of Judea which means we could get an order in for Otters Noses .

We used to have Reg on here from the Judea Peoples Front but he left, founded the Front of Judean People and was taken away by the Romans. :)

Biggus ****us:D:D:)

Just for clarity Theory, these guys coming over from the "other place" are not the "naughty ones" quite the reverse, in my view the reason they left was down to very poor forum management!

Without knowing it they actually helped me, I found the answers to many of my rookie questions through their postings over the past year which has helped me become a domestic installer.

hek I was even prepared to help set them up with their own forum if need be just to keep the knowledge base together.

This forum has all the right ingredients to continue to grow into even greater things without the need for loads of sponsorship and all the contraversy that it brings.

The "Defectors" will only compliment this form I'm sure.

sorry I haven't properly introduced myself.

I'm a domestic installer, did my EAL in Feb, 17th Edition in August and Elesca assessment on Wednesday. I was just getting into the grove of posting in the other place when it all kicked off and didn't like the way Shakey was being treated, bad carma.

all the best to everyone

RookieDI

Naughty boys come and go real quick on this site !!!!!!!!!Our Admin family and the moderators take a dim view of anybody rocking the boat here.

the main rules on this site....

there are no stupid questions

and new guys have to start somewhere

happy days
Indeed so, Theorysparky.

The Godfather

Rookie

I wasnt implying you guys were the naughty ones,

we dont have the problems of other forums because of the stance taken by the management

so we are just all helpful happy guys/girls

Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink get them in !!!

Rookie I wasnt implying you guys were the naughty ones,

we dont have the problems of other forums because of the stance taken by the management

so we are just all helpful happy guys/girls

Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink get them in !!!
Cheers Theory have one on me Guiness Drink

It's reassuring to know management are looking after things,, I ask some really numpty questions sometimes open to all sorts of ridicule :)

Cheers Theory have one on me Guiness DrinkIt's reassuring to know management are looking after things,, I ask some really numpty questions sometimes open to all sorts of ridicule :)
You won't get ridicule - only a little leg pulling

:D

Cheers Theory have one on me Guiness DrinkIt's reassuring to know management are looking after things,, I ask some really numpty questions sometimes open to all sorts of ridicule :)
It`s been said many times, here & elsewhere, but there are no "numpty" questions. If you don`t know the answer, how else are you going to find out??:DGuiness Drink

:)

THAT BEING SAID; :(

A couple of the recent threads are somewhat "clique" based. I remember a similar happening on on another (far away, in a distant galaxy) forum. I`m not attempting to cause disruption or argument, and I think we can all appreciate that you "know" each other, and have pre-existing relationships. ;) I just hope that the irrelevant posting is down to the "fitting in" factor, rather than normal posting behaviour. :|

I don`t want anyone to take this wrong. I like the way this forum works, and would be really saddened to see it degenerate into *(I know that won`t happen, so no need to go there).Pray

KME

Well said mr KME Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

Couldn't agree more strongly ;)

Is this also why you mentioned that you were unhappy at some recent events in a thread last night KME? ('Tails' I think it was?).

Yes, we do all know ech other and obviously we are posting to and within each others threads to show that we all came to same site.

Let's not get too heavy on this guys, you are all free to talk and post as you please, within the terms and conditions of membership here.

From time to time posts are edited/moderated or removed as relevant, to keep within the confines of the forum with a difference.

I would like to think the Admin/Mod team are reasonably tolerant.

The Godfather

Let's not get too heavy on this guys, you are all free to talk and post as you please, within the terms and conditions of membership here.From time to time posts are edited/moderated or removed as relevant, to keep within the confines of the forum with a difference.

I would like to think the Admin/Mod team are reasonably tolerant.

The Godfather
I'll second that..

Admin & Mod team are the best!Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley