What Junction Box To Use

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopwood

Reaction score
If removing some downlighters from a suspended ceiling what junction box would be best to terminate the cable ends?

Can you enlighten me on these instances as I am unable to think of any?  
A "mate" of mine was doing a refurb: One angled batten holder in the dirtiest loft imaginable with a 1G switch just above the hatch. Everything on the upstairs lighting circuit inspected, tidied and ready to test. Being a tall lad (very much like me oddly) he stood up and smashed both the bulb and the batten holder with his head. Cursing, not having an angled holder with him and with mild concussion probably playing a part he decided to simply make the end of the twin and earth feeding the batten holder safe BY ATTACHING A 3-PORT LEVER CLAMP WAGO and come back to it later. Being then new to Wagos "he" thought "Great! Means I'll never have to use a connector block again!". 

Back at the board.............the IR tests were a bit down to say the least!

Thank GOD for dead testing!

:Blushing

@Dave2 I previously mentioned lack of space in shoddy customer supplied fittings if there is more than just the standard loop in/out/switch like smokes, extractors, security lights etc

Where there is no length on the cables to make nice neat ends yes I could extend the cables but in a tight fitting in a time limited situation this isn't always possible IMO.

Latest posts