WHAT STOCK TO CARRY IN THE VAN?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what an electricians Vivaro van should look like
2012-03-10144233.jpg

:eek: :Blushing :eek: :Blushing :eek: :Blushing :eek: :Blushing :eek: :Blushing :eek: :Blushing :eek: :Blushing :eek: :Blushing :eek: :Blushing :eek: :Blushing :eek: :Blushing :eek: :Blushing
looks similar to the back of KMEs new van....but with more free space!

Well that pic was a bit embarrasing so i have spent all afternoon tidying up. One Henry bag full of dust and the wheelie bin full of cr-p,

van2012-03-10173919.jpg

Its never going to be better than this.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was made at 18:17 ----------

Tip for anyone with a Vivaro, i cut a 6'' hole in the bulkhead under the drivers seat. On the right of the pic thats full 3m lengths of trunking, conduit etc that now fit. I cut down a plumbers flue guard and screwed that down just in front of the seat to stop the stuff sliding forward on braking. I relocated the spare wheel stuff to under the passenger seat.

Hated the Caddy, as it was not a choice, it was all I could get to keep me trading!

Thanks and respect due to the leasing company for not leaving me high & dry!

Jono,

Got to my Fluke tester box today in <30 seconds so it HAS to be an improvement!!!

Also put on my boots & overalls without getting soaked or dropping them in a muddy puddle.

PMSL Slips,nice one with spot the difference.I have just got in from cleaning the van. :D

IMO the only essential stock to carry in your van all the time whatever is a reel of 2.5 and a reel of 1.5

This thread is full of amateurs!!! There's no way I would be efficient enough carrying what some of you guys do!!! You must waste more juice and time trailing back and forth to wholesalers...
so you drive about with your pipe bender/vice and a bundle of 20 & 25mm galv all the time then? even when your next 5 jobs are domestic?

sorry to be so amatuerish and try and guess what sort of kit I'm going to need each day,

ah, dont worry about the bender , we can put it back in on top of the solar panels once we get them loaded first!

and that 200m of 25mm SWA, tie it on the roof, it might come in useful later when we go to put old Mrs Browns new chandelier up in the hallway.

IMO the only essential stock to carry in your van all the time whatever is a reel of 2.5 and a reel of 1.5
I've not used any "T&E" for over a month now, so why carry it?

As far as "any" 1.5/2.5 how do I know what to carry, blue, red, black, brown, orange, white, G/Y is a given.

Not quite such a clear cut decision on what 2.5/1.5 to carry IMHO!