What type of BS cut-out is this please?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyingspark

Reaction score
Hello everybody, please can someone tell me what type of BS cut-out this is?? (attached pic)

Image127.jpg

Hello, Thanks for replies so far, I need to put something on aa EIC for this property, but as you say dont know what type of fuse and rating is within, It is a 3 bed house so would assume it to be 100A, so BS1361 or 88? would the DNO know...I doubt it!?

I have come across these types before, the most common fuses are 60amp, though I have seen them with 1361 type 2 B as well.

Some early cutout changes kept the old metal or plasic outer shell and just replaced the fuse holder. It would be unlikely that the DNO would know what type it is, but they may give permission to cut the seal, and arrange to reseal at a later date.

If you cannot identify a fuse you can always as suggested before just put a note on the certificate that the identity of the fuse could not be established.

In my area cutout changes are done free of charge so I always call them out to do a change and I put that on the certificate.

and how do you know the fuse rating without opening it? could be a BS88, or some other value
Because that what it is. 60A fuse holder is only size availible

Since you're not allowed to pull it to check the rating, put "Not verified"

J

NOT VERIFIED

as a general rule I put this on 99% of my certs, sealed or not you are NOT allowed to pull the fuse,

it is not of your concern, it belongs to the DNO, not the client.

could be a 6" nail for all I care, I protect my installation, the DNO should protect theirs, ESQRW or whatever it is.

The fuse could not and should not be identified if within an enclosure.

I have some photo's to illustrate this and will try to post them very soon.

I admit to being a bit of an idiot on the pc but will try tommoro.

I know you are new and we are all friendly and welcoming but we try to be as constructive as possible and your post doesn't do that.

Have you got any specific evidence to back up your argument? Pics, reg numbers etc.

You could even have phrased it 'that's not the case in my experience' :)

This is a difference sort of forum here and it boils down to mutual respect - unlike other sites:)

The fuse could not and should not be identified if within an enclosure.I have some photo's to illustrate this and will try to post them very soon.

Quite right. That was not asked in the OP

The fuse could not and should not be identified if within an enclosure.I have some photo's to illustrate this and will try to post them very soon.

If I get get Sandra posting pics anyone can do it - did you see Admins tutorial?

Text

Pics

Yea I have seen that Apache just trying to link up with the pc from my phone never used it so I will have a practice and post up some pics soon.

I have a bluetooth dongle somewhere lol

Yea I have seen that Apache just trying to link up with the pc from my phone never used it so I will have a practice and post up some pics soon.I have a bluetooth dongle somewhere lol
Big head.

:^O

Wish I had a Bluetooth Dongle. No idea what it is but I feel I should have one !!

With regard to that cut-out, I think it could have any type of fuse inside. Really old cut-outs are often rewirable (3036) 60amp . I don't think there is any way of telling without opening it ,which we are not allowed to do.