What we are up against in the trade.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just been watching homes under the hammer just can't believe what I have watched painter and decorator refurbed holiday home. Not sure who did electrics maybe they just put new fronts on. Probably a sparks though as I noticed they have installed mains smokes. Estate agents love it but what do they know. If you go forward to 44 minutes you will see what I mean. He says he's been in the building game 30 years.

BBC iPlayer - Homes Under the Hammer: Series 14: Episode 149

fed up of complaining to the BBC, cowboy trap is comedy gold with crap advice if you find that sort of thing funny, builders changing fuseboards then 'getting it checked and signed off' whatever that means.

If I was to go and ask a friend to type me a letter or to do some accounts in the eve for me don't think that would go down to well,

however if I get asked to 'sort out' a light fitting then its a different matter.

There is no value to the trade and all the time that we have the sheads selling our gear we will be undervalued....

These homes under the hammer often have lots of items that need sorting but who does it ?

bet the tv crew get funny bout plugging their kit in :)

T.