Whats it mean ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A box pops up occasionally from Norton Security, it says " Warning High memory usage by Internet Explorer " I delve deeper but it means nothing to me .

Anyone have any idea ? Is it a serious thing or what? :C

A box pops up occasionally from Norton Security, it says " Warning High memory usage by Internet Explorer " I delve deeper but it means nothing to me .Anyone have any idea ? Is it a serious thing or what? :C
That's what you get for using IE
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

I am getting the same thing today but only since Norton updated to 2011 just tell it not to notify you i think the file was in system 32 and is trusted by Norton:)

Simple

Norton is flawed and has been since Symantic bought it

IE is flawed because M$ wrote it

Fixes; Zone Alarm (or Kaspersky), and Firefox

No doubt the Linux and Apple fan boys on here will have another solution

Kasperskys flawed on Vista Business and Seven, it sometimes screws up the usb ports in the registry and its a nightmare to fix, Kaspersky deny it
Can't say I'm surprised

Only one i have found that seems to be good is mcafee
The worrying bit is that they bricked thousands of PC's in the US last year due to a flawed update

Apple needs nothing saying about it as it just works
Now I just knew you'd come back on that comment, included it just to see if you would, and you did not disappoint :p

Hi Deke,

cant you upgrade your RAM, or have a look in Startup programs to see which programs automatically start up without you actually needing them.

---------- AUTO MERGE Post added at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 22:28 ----------

Dont know what your operating system is, but on XP click start -run and type msconfig.

click on the tab that says startup programs and then remove the tick from each program that you dont want to auto start on booting up your computer.

Computer will then need to be rebooted.

Latest posts