Where to look for an apprenticeship?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brandon,

I started my electricians C+G at 30. The class I enrolled in was a 70/30% split, with the 70% being under 30 (and the majority 16 to 18). By the end it was the other way round in percentage terms and most of the 16 to 18 year olds had given up, only one or two of the 30 plus had dropped out.

All of us have jobs in the industry now. Whether self-employed or working for a company.

Face it, you know exactly what you want and will be willing to put the time into studying and understanding the course! And your employer would rather invest three years of time and money to send you to college knowing you'll stick with it than some of the 'wide boys' I met when I did it!

And before I get ****ged off, yes, there were some 16 to 19 year old's on that course who are, now, good sparks too! (Just not too many)

Cheers guys, I plan on brushing up on some of the mock tests they have on this forum in the summer to give me a head start in September. I'm fully commited to this, I have to be, I just want my family to be comfortable. It's not like my mom is hassling me to get a job since i'm not going to uni hahaha. A much better motivation in my opinion.

Anyways I appreciate the encouraging words, I feel a little less apprehensive about it all now.

Thanks again,

Brandon

Cheers guys, I plan on brushing up on some of the mock tests they have on this forum in the summer to give me a head start in September. I'm fully commited to this, I have to be, I just want my family to be comfortable. It's not like my mom is hassling me to get a job since i'm not going to uni hahaha. A much better motivation in my opinion.Anyways I appreciate the encouraging words, I feel a little less apprehensive about it all now.

Thanks again,

Brandon
I will type out more and post them on the relevent thread, to help you and others, when I get time Brandon.

It won't be yet though, Mate - I have Two theory exams and a Practical exam coming up. :(

read the tread with great interest as im doing the 2330 myself and am wondering what i will be able to do at the end of it.I had wanted to set up alone till i found out more about the part P but now im unsure.How much non notifiable work is there and what sort of work can you do with just 2330 and IEE?