Which central heating system

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ds8854

Reaction score
Hi. I am refurbishing a 2.5 bedroom, 2 bathroom flat which needs a new central heating system. It's over the top floor and loft of a Victorian house. There will be a bathroom on the lower floor and en-suite shower room in the converted loft.

Not sure what the best central heating system would be - combi boiler or a system boiler with hot and cold tanks. Can combis deal with 2 bed flats without a hot water tank. There may only be one person living there initially so seems inefficient to have a whole hot water tank.

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks

David

Hello david welcome to the forumbulator.....

IMHO if it is a flat a Combi would probably be more than adequate..... (But I am an electrician not a plumber!)

BUT...

I do want to know what is 2.5 bedrooms??

especially what is the 0.5 bedroom?????

:C :| :innocent

A combi is the way forward buddy, provided the pipe work is there for it, although if it's getting refurbished I suppose it doesn't make to much of a difference.

Combi's were made for this sort of situation, and I'm guessing finding room for a mega flow is going to be a bit of a pain. If your worried about the hot water consult a plumber because boilers come in different sizes, but dont know to much about that.

Mike

Hello Gibbs......

welcome to the world of posting......

Its no good trying to sneak in quiet down here in the heating basement...

Admins got PIR sensors on every floor..........

AND the marauders map lets us see anyone lurking about in the depths of the forumbulator.......

SO..

get in the lift go back up to level 4..

and introduce yourself proper.. (Just like your mom would have expected you to do!)

p.s.

I assumed a Combi is ideal for this flat..

as my Sister in law has a 2 bed bungalow, Lounge, kitchen & bathroom..

and their combi seems to work ok for her her husband & their son.

gibbs mentions sizes well i have a woster 24kw and can't have 2 hot taps on at the same time

so if your in the shower and kitchen tap turns on:_|

Haha......

Hello all......

Was hoping no one would pick up the newbie snaking his way into some intelligent convo...... key word SOME after the posts I was reading a minute ago, and I thought I left all the labourers and jobs worths at 4 o'clock

My missus does that on purpose but with the cold tap, red for hours after!....

Is the temp on the actual boiler on a high enough setting?

mains preasure is ok, i did think that the water temp may be set too high i was going to have a look at a few weeks back but never got round too it.