Which phone??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a2

Former Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My phone (LG KS360) decided to go on permanent strike the other day, so now I'm left with the huge decision of which new one to get.

1) orange/unlocked

2) internet access

3) cheap

4) camera and video

Doesn't have to be a top of the range, make a cooked brekkie type. :)

Doesn't have to be a nokia, i do like LG.

Which mobile would u suggest?

ty :x

I do like the nokia,s for ease of use, I now almost exclusively use a blackberry which I have now got used to.

I would say go for a phone that you are comfortable with, and do not do as most people do and go for a top of the range jobbies if your not going to use all the applications.

I've got the HTC Desire and find that pretty good. Decent camera, new software allows HD video too. If you're due an upgrade it might even be free on Orange as well

My phone (LG KS360) decided to go on permanent strike the other day, so now I'm left with the huge decision of which new one to get.1) orange/unlocked

2) internet access

3) cheap

4) camera and video

Doesn't have to be a top of the range, make a cooked brekkie type. :)

Doesn't have to be a nokia, i do like LG.

Which mobile would u suggest?

ty :x
I wondered why she wasn't answering my calls !! :)

Try one of these. They are the latest technology!
I remember when we first started selling these when I worked for Vodafone...Had one sent back in for repair after a farmer dropped it into a combine harvester, came in cut up but tuned on first time with new battery fitted LED screen lit up, screwed in a new antenna and made a call.

The very first handheld cellular phone made by Racal (now vodafone) based on the millitary portable radios of the time & just as big played the death march tune (very badly) when the battery died.

i always have stuck with nokia, girlfriend has had sony and samsung, and touch screen they have always been tempremental and akward. (crap).

i have not tried iphone or blackberry

I have been looking at the iPhone as an upgrade and my old Mobile's screen died yesterday. Have been persuaded to get the Samsung Galaxy s. Its free on my contract and does all as the iPhone but everything's a fraction of the price apps accessories etc. It will arrive in a few days

I got an iPhone and have never looked back,easy to use and the most robust phone I have had.had it nearly a year now and still looks new.good range of cases too.

I had a Nokia E71, not too bad, but I had a few faulty ones and Orange offered a different model replacement.

I actually chose a N86 as I had this in a previous contract.

N86- excellent music player with FM transmitter (if the radio's crap you can play your music MP3's on the radio)

Getting a bit technical it has a S60 operating system and it's really good-

lots of apps, email and you can download things like balcklists (add sales numbers to it and it slings them to voicemail)

I also have call recotding (Ultimate Voice Recorder) -really good and emails all calls to me for when I get home.

I had a Nokia E71, not too bad, but I had a few faulty ones and Orange offered a different model replacement.I actually chose a N86 as I had this in a previous contract.

N86- excellent music player with FM transmitter (if the radio's crap you can play your music MP3's on the radio)

Getting a bit technical it has a S60 operating system and it's really good-

lots of apps, email and you can download things like balcklists (add sales numbers to it and it slings them to voicemail)

I also have call recotding (Ultimate Voice Recorder) -really good and emails all calls to me for when I get home.
i have the e71, what prob did you get?

I got an iPhone and have never looked back,easy to use and the most robust phone I have had.had it nearly a year now and still looks new.good range of cases too.
I'm an avvid Mac fan (posting this from an iPad) but found the new iPhone software update killed the phone, plus with no access to the battery you can't do anything about their poor battery life, not to mention you can't view flash from them :-( why oh why can't apple just give in and allow it and the iPhone would be amazing

The HTC is good competition even though battery life is just as bad, only difference is I can carry a spare and swap the batteries when I'm out of power. Apps are still in the making but finally the big companies have realized android are there to - sky just releasing their 'sky+' app to the android world.

iPhone 4, well what can we all say, hold it wrong and you get no signal, get the free case and it looks rubbish!!

i like the blackberry phones, currently just upgraded to the bold 9700, somewhat tchnical to get used to if your not a fan of all things these phones can do. however it does everything i need,m including emails,internet