Which tester???

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We use metrel all in one testers get heavy after a while around your neck, the rotary switch plays up after a lot of use and I dont like the multi plug connection, you have to constantly zero the leads. You also need an adapter to check R1+R2 on socket outlets as lead supplied with ours with plug top will only do live tests ie Zs. But the ones we use are about 2 years old and the new ones may be better for me I think it would be Fluke:D CJS

Yes SL I certainly was around then I remember them well ,I also remember my wind up megger which never packed in due to the batteries going flat !

It was guaranteed to shock the ever unsuspecting plumber /joiner etc who fell into

the trap !!!

Yes SL I certainly was around then I remember them well ,I also remember my wind up megger which never packed in due to the batteries going flat !It was guaranteed to shock the ever unsuspecting plumber /joiner etc who fell into

the trap !!!
Har, har, har. I myself have been on the receiving end of the old wind up meggers when I was in the army, I have the battery one & keep trying to catch the missus out, but she aint no fool. ]:)

Hi All.

I have been looking at these multi testers too and I see some of them are advertised with the ability to display R1+R2 how is this measurement achieved by the instrument?

cheers

i like the metrel mi3000 easiplus tester bought it from instumentsales.co.uk not to expensive, 17th edition compatible, rechargeable batteries 2yr guarantee digital readout free multimeter and other bits cost about

Hi All.I have been looking at these multi testers too and I see some of them are advertised with the ability to display R1+R2 how is this measurement achieved by the instrument?

cheers
ANY low resistance ohm-meter, or multifunction can display this. It`s nothing special!!!!!

ANY low resistance ohm-meter, or multifunction can display this. It`s nothing special!!!!!
come on mate credit me with a little sense what i am saying is that the machine displays the r1+r2 value part of its function;\

Sorry!

Didn`t mean to suggest otherwise bud. How many other ways are there of showing r1+r2?

The only way this can be done, afaik, is the standard link + furthest point with the meter. That`s it! no other options, unless you can calculate the length of said cable, and multiply my mV/M; which I wouldn`t think an MFT could show.

Sorry!Didn`t mean to suggest otherwise bud. How many other ways are there of showing r1+r2?

The only way this can be done, afaik, is the standard link + furthest point with the meter. That`s it! no other options, unless you can calculate the length of said cable, and multiply my mV/M; which I wouldn`t think an MFT could show.
Your right of course,I have a new machine which will be here by monday which professes to do everything but make tea :)

I will give it a go and let you know how it does these tests

cheers

Latest posts