Wholesaler prices

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had it with Edmundsons and all the other 'big' wholesalers. You have to fight them for everything... can anyone else relate to this one?Drives me nuts, I've had it with them. CEF were worse!

Please tell me I'm not the only one?! Pray
independent wholesalers are better than national ones. same staff, same prices, even if you phone a day later and speak to the same person

I've been in the trade for years and won't use CEF . The big 'uns do you no favours either. Small independents can't give the best discounts TBH although their service is usually good. You must demand a schedule of preferential discounts of who ever you deal with , then both parties know the price. If there is a Denmans by you they are difficult to beat on price but don't carry a large stock off the shelf, always get it in though.

I agree with Subneural , I find Electric Centre in Birmingham , very good on service and prices

Deke

i have only used the electric center once,,,,sat morning it was.....

asked for discount and got 15% ,,,,,also got 2 mk 16th ed 10 way split cu

for

I too find that CEF are an over pricing bunch off F*****s, i have an account with Holland House, very good customer service and prices, should be I give them about

I will never cross the door of CEF again, i got a 6 way board, 63amp 30mA Rcd and 2 x Mcb's. The guy got the material for me and then 10 mins later came back out and ask for the cash

I don't use CEF either - very last resort

elvis

If I am in Glasgow (try to keep to Ayrshire) I use Lanbert. The guys Lance and Scott are excellent and know their stuff.

Prices are good and they are very good on lamps

Locally I use Holland House, and Riverbank (Kilmarnock)

I also have accounts with Eddies, Ross Elec, Electrical Network

The one I use most is Riverbank. I can be in and out in less than 20 seconds if I am in a hurry. They use pen and paper - which is a lot quicker than a computer. If you return something it is just scored off the line - no need for a credit note.

I've started to pay cash up front too for smaller jobs as it saves me having to pay a big bill a month later. Credit is ok when you've plenty on but when its quiet it shows up the flaws in my accounting :(
I concur, this is my new 'credit crunch' busting rule. Keep on top of EVERYTHING! For any of you guys who work in Glasgow, check out WIRED and let me know what you think...

http://www.wiredltd.co.uk/

I agree with Andy, if you pay for gear as you go, when you get paid it's yours.

Interesting how wholesalers claim you get better prices when you have a credit account, how can that work then?

I think a credit account bonds you to a certain place and you may be more prepared to go and spend your money?

Think the discounts issue is important.

I think a credit account bonds you to a certain place and you may be more prepared to go and spend your money?Think the discounts issue is important.
you could still have credit accounts with other places.

discounts are important, but so is customer service.