Why 10 Posts 1

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, I'm not alone in quest to reach the golden 10 posts so that I can ask my questions with visual aids. I think this will be post no:6 although it should be 7 but the pesky software tricked me. I thought I was being smart by having a conv with myself in the Introduce yourself section but it group 2 separate replies together as one post lol

Not being able to post external links is one thing but the software also classifies smileys as links too and that was a bit meh.

Haha, I'm not alone in quest to reach the golden 10 posts so that I can ask my questions with visual aids. I think this will be post no:6 although it should be 7 but the pesky software tricked me. I thought I was being smart by having a conv with myself in the Introduce yourself section but it group 2 separate replies together as one post lol

Not being able to post external links is one thing but the software also classifies smileys as links too and that was a bit meh.
its to stop spammers and woks pretty well.

easiet solution would be imply ask your question, and an admin can allow you to post images / links before you get to 10 posts

I too think the 10 post thing just makes newcomers make 10 pointless posts.

A BETTER approach is to ask a sensible question without pictures, and then often one of the moderators, seeing you are behaving nicely, will enable you to post pictures before making 10 posts.

Yeah no one likes a spammer.

though it is mildly irksome when one arrives to peruse the forum to be greeted with a list of ancient resurrected threads where newbs have posted helpful replies like "lol" and "this is funny"

hangings too good for them

getting back to post, I would get your electrician involved from day 1, that way you can negotiate doing some work yourself to save money, but have system designed and specced correctly. Most profesional electricians do not like being called in after the work is done to 'sign off'. We are legally responsible for 5 years for anything we cert, so this does not play well with us, and if you have to ask how to wire a CU you really are out of your depth. Most of the work will be pulling cables etc etc, many good busy electricians are quite happy for people to do this themselves, provided they are involved from day 1.

I am more of a pognophobic.......99% of the time they look a mess and I get the impression people are hiding behind them

Never trust a man, or woman for that matter, with a beard

Never trust a man who smokes a pipe

Never trust a man who does not have a parting in his hair ( slapheads excluded) unless he has NATURALLY curly hair

Never trust a newsagent

Just advising

Latest posts