Winding down due to the reccession.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABC Technical

Reaction score
:_| Thats it for me folks, as of today I will no longer be trading. :_|

I ran at a loss last tax year to the tune of a few grand & just cannot afford to carry on anymore.

Sure I have a few repair jobs, but they just are not making me enough money to keep trading, bills are stacking up & the only way that I can get out of the quagmire is to go bankrupt. :_|

I will still be on here from time to time, but now have to seriously look at a career change. I dont know what as of yet though?

R.I.P. A.B.C. Technical services. It was good while it lasted.

Why sell it ABC? why not keep it all for when the upturn starts happening?AndyGuiness Drink
I agree i would hold onto it as well, im sorta in the same situation as you but at the moment i am going to stick it out as long as i possibly can untill things pick up which they will do eventually.

Why not just keep everything and take a job to keep things getting paid then carry on when things get a little better

Nigel Mate. I am gutted for you. :_|

Good Luck and I really hope that things will get better in the not too near future for you and Mrs ABC. :x

Way things are going for me at the moment im seriously considering a job at mcdonalds....i only wish i was joking :S

Sorry to hear that ABC, I do hope you can get yourself sorted again soon, both regarding a job and financially. Unfortunately except for emergency fault rectification, a lot of electrical alterations / amendments are non essential and can be put on hold by potential customers. Which does mean there is less work out there to quote for, which makes things difficult for everyone. Whatever happens you must still keep in touch with the forum.

Doc H.

Am seriously contemplating signing up for security work in Iraq it's got that bad.

The wife is seriously not happy about me even thinking about it, but what can you do?

Oh I will Doc, nothing short of death could tear me away from here, keeps me sane so it does. :)

Sorry to hear that ABC, hope you get sorted somehow mate.

Just in case you do go ahead with a trip to the sun, mate of mine used a company called "close protection world" as a leader.

ABC, that is really bad news.

Thoughts are with you.

Pyro.

If I had known I could have passed a job your way near Axminster, though that might have been just delaying the inevitable. Good luck with your new career (lots of jobs for Social Workers if you can stick 2 years training)