Windows Vista Business Oem Disk

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that, SW, is how I came to use Linux,

I had a small issue in trying to clean my laptop and ended up TOTALLY wiping windows XP off it, and NO install disc.!

thats when I saw the light/was too tight to buy another windows disc,,,,,,    :|

that, SW, is how I came to use Linux,

I had a small issue in trying to clean my laptop and ended up TOTALLY wiping windows XP off it, and NO install disc.!

thats when I saw the light/was too tight to buy another windows disc,,,,,,    :|
Trouble is Steps, there is too much that will not run under Linux, try running Step5 under Linux, you'll need a virtual Windows machine, even IF it will run then, same goes for most if not all PLC/CNC comms software.

That's the problem with the terms and conditions of using their software. I say 'their' software because even with the extortionate price you pay you have no rights whatsoever to the software.

Canoe,

As you are more than aware the issue is that most "industrial" comms software only runs under native Windows.

Rip off or what, however, the costs are so high to rectify issues they can put companies out of business.

Even when they thought that they had back up disks as it is obvious that burnt cd & dvd disks deteriorate over time.

Trouble is Steps, there is too much that will not run under Linux, try running Step5 under Linux, you'll need a virtual Windows machine, even IF it will run then, same goes for most if not all PLC/CNC comms software.
yer, I understand SW, my actual point was that had a disc been provided I would probably still be using it,

but they dont provide you with an install disc, only a recovery thingie,  absolutely useless, turned out good for me as it happens though,

is XP no good for you then?

I don't "think" so mate, I'll have to check & find out with the client and possibly get their SW from them.

They have asked me to rebuild the machine with Vista Business 32bit.

So that is what I am trying to do, the price reflects that.

IF I have to install XP, then I will have to install their comms SW & try this on their machines on site, which is not part of the deal, but, they will want it to be!

My mate over in NI thinks he may have one i.e. specifically business. If so he's going to upload an image to my Dropbox. Will let you know.

(He did also say he might have binned it 'cos it's Vista!  :lol: )

note: i see the date, just think this will be helpful for anyone who needs a disc for windows

Canoeboy said:
Unlike Linux - Just download - Jobs a good un

Unlike OSX - Mac Dies (which they don't) so buy one from ebay or wherever - Log into iCloud Account - Download MacOSX mountain Lion or Mavericks - Install - Jobs a good un

I just bought for a customer a new high spec laptop - windows 7 - no CD/DVD Install Disk - OS on a recovery partition so if the HDD dies then they are stuffed !
when i got my laptop (although a good few years ago), it didnt have a rescue disc, but a partition. it did however, come with some software pre-installed to burn the recover onto 2 dvds.

you can thank eco-mentalists for this :) supposedly its green....

I think I can get a normal vista disc, but its not business, unless they come on the same disc with install options  :(
there are some discs/disc images that allow you to select the version to install, or define it from the key, holding all of the versions on one iso/disc.

for anybody needing a clean, untouched original disc, but avoiding a torrent, digital river has some direct download links to use. digital river is a digital-distribution/sales service used by microsft, so its legal and safe, here are some: http://downloadsnfix.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/microsoft-windows-vista-official-iso.html

also for windows 7: http://www.w7forums.com/threads/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads.12325/

if any links are dead, new ones can be found by searching for: digital river windows 8.1/8/7/vista download.

hope somebody finds this useful :)

Thank you UK-Fire,

I failed to get a Vista disk from your links though or searches, it seems that they have been removed!

I have been sorted with a copy anyway that installs fine with the COA from the laptop in question.

I am fully aware of the situation with recovery partitions and creating disk sets etc. it was just that some Muppet had wiped the disk completely and reconfigured it to remove the rescue partition, and the machine needed to run Vista!

Sorry mate - only just seen this.

I was lent a brand new install disk, when the lappie HD fell over, and I needed to restore the VHD backup...........Its still in the van, waiting to be returned to its owner.

Are you sorted now? If you need it, I can drop it in tomorrow for you to lendsie ;)

Sorted KME, however, I could do with a backup copy, but I am working in one of her Majesties Hotels tomorrow, an hour away from home & I have to be there by 08:00 so , I will probably not be here when you want to drop it off, also it is half-term, so a laid back house hold for the week! ;)

If you can drop it off that would be great.

Latest posts