Wire Display Cabinet Lighting Into Lighting Circuit?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt that there is any that go against that Essex that have had DB changes or rewiring since 2008.

Also some before.

I don't "do" social housing, I admit.

However, I do "do" medical installs for the local health trust @ patients homes, private & social housing.

Almost without exception every social housing property I have seen in the last few years is fully 30mA RCD protected across all circuits.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt that there is any that go against that Essex that have had DB changes or rewiring since 2008.

Also some before.

However, I do "do" medical installs for the local health trust @ patients homes, private & social housing.

Almost without exception every social housing property I have seen in the last few years is fully 30mA RCD protected across all circuits.
Not all... I do come across 3036's/plug in mcb's/GE/FE/DS 3871's No arseedee :eek: not even a 100ma s-type! But the majority are 16th ed plus then when I comes to refurb time they just slot in RCBO's.

bonding is usually up to scratch though.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Also some before.

Obviously I cannot speak for what you have seen. To be fair I have not worked in housing for many years. When I did it was all surface trunking re-wires which with the exception of certain parts of the bathroom should be non-RCD protected.

Not all... I do come across 3036's/plug in mcb's/GE/FE/DS 3871's No arseedee :eek: not even a 100ma s-type! But the majority are 16th ed plus then when I comes to refurb time they just slot in RCBO's.

bonding is usually up to scratch though.

On reflection thats just one borough we work in. the borough has pockets of run down estates, probably full of asbestos and too expensive to renovate.

The other Borough was more on it with maintenance they had lots of subbies but now they have brought everything in house (we lost our contract too) things may change? :(  

So Its down to the LA really, most housing Asoc is 16th+ too.

Latest posts