Wireless Alarm - At This Price What's Wrong With It?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OnOff

Mad Inventor™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of fitting a burglar alarm to the buy to let property I've just purchased. I take my main tools and test gear away with me every night but thinking things like steps, ladders etc that I leave there. I've even known the pikeys to gut an empty place of all the pipework. So..........as a quick fix was thinking a wireless alarm and came across this one:

GET Wireless BURGLAR Alarm System with Auto Dial INTRUDER ALERT | eBay

Seems to have plenty of features when compared to the "known" wireless ones like Yale, Response etc that I've seen. At this price I just wondered if I'm missing something! Thinking of it only as a short term thing.

Cheers

Can't find it elsewhere. Weird at that price. Why??? Thinking about it then, maybe last few left, guessing non expandable, more than likely no chance of backup if it goes wrong, only comes with ONE key fob etc etc? But for my purposes i.e. short term.............maybe................

Anyone bought one yet? I want a review before i buy :worship

I don't want my phone to be bombarded with false alarms :)

I always have thought that wireless alarms are for the DIY market or alarm installers not proper sparks.
besides commercials places all i see is wireless alarms!

Does anyone reckon the auto dialler could be used with other inputs?

I wouldnt say any plants in the reviews either, all had issues of some sort, I think if you know what you are doing, and dont expect too much then its a goer,

some people think buying a 50quid wireless system is gong to be as good as next doors 500