Without a break..

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It`s also a way of doing it live :eek: Pray
I have a split end screwdriver that widens out when you push a little slider down so holds the screw tight for the hot work, :D

I dont sleeve the earth when I do it this way, :|

I usually have a smirky in corner o my mouth when Im working with the juice by the way,

why is this a no smoking forum anyway? we got the alkies covered Guiness Drink

I have a split end screwdriver that widens out when you push a little slider down so holds the screw tight for the hot work, :D I dont sleeve the earth when I do it this way, :|

I usually have a smirky in corner o my mouth when Im working with the juice by the way,

Thought no sleeve on cpc was code 1! :eek:

I have a split end screwdriver that widens out when you push a little slider down so holds the screw tight for the hot work, :D I dont sleeve the earth when I do it this way, :|

Theres a bus shelter thingy at the back of Theorys cave! :|

Just when you think you are picking it up.........

JB's accessable

Sleve on earth

Socket in a bathroom

specs goes and points out the reality. My electrical illusions are shattered :(

Since when??? I know of at least 5 members who like a ciggie.

So why do you chaps bother to sleeve it atall?
I would suggest probably to comply with....

514.4.2 Red book

514-04-02 Brown book

????? Blue dunno! :|

or even maybe 514-03-01 Yellow book.. :)

not sure why numbers were different in this one???

:D :D

as said earlier by others.. tis therefore a Code 4! ;)

I would give it a code 1, it is a dangerous as exporting pme
:S:S:S

Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

sleeved for identification purposes. ?:|

still dont think it needs sleeved in this manner, or do we push some sleeving down between the T&E too.?

skilled or instructed persons surely,? who else should be opening or inspecting a JB.?

below a bath out of zones, requires the use of a tool and all those exceptions. ?:| ? :| ?:| ? :|

one for NIC perhaps?

:S:S:SApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

sleeved for identification purposes. ?:|

still dont think it needs sleeved in this manner, or do we push some sleeving down between the T&E too.?
nah! the regsiy book dont ask for that... only at terminations. :)

514.3.2 Every core of a cable shall be identifiable at its terminations and preferably throughout its length....
I believe a J-box is a point of termination? :D

skilled or instructed persons surely' date='? who else should be opening or inspecting a JB.?

[/quote']

Any DIY BOB doing a legitimate addition to his bedroom light maybe?

or repairing that bit of damaged cable the mice chewed though in the loft?

non part-P, non notifiable.. all pucka and Ok for non-skilled "Captain DIY" savin his pennies during the credit crunch!! :_| :eek:

below a bath out of zones' date=' requires the use of a tool and all those exceptions. ?:| ? :| ?:| ? :|

one for NIC perhaps?[/quote']

Still sill a fair few of them J/Boxes with a screw top lid... just twist it round.. off it falls...

maybe again up in the loft where they have boarded & loft ladder to stick all the junk up there...

easy access, no tools, no skill needed, no identification! ?:| :(

And of course you could then get trapped with the dodgy two-way landing-hall switching....

where someone has used a CPC as a switched live for the landing or vice-versa!!!

just throwin a few pebbles in the pond to watch the ripples!!! :| :^O :^O:^O

Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

Still Code 4....

Don't comply... But not major dangerous!!! :D