Workshop paper works ( not sure with my answer )

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L Plate

Reaction score
Evening all ,

I am doing my drawing and a bit of explanation for my workshop class, I need help because I am not so sure with my answer .

1) Describe the effect of using single cables in this way in respect of cable lenght / cost and saving compared to alternative method.

My answer : Cable run saving

2) Explain the purpose of supplementary equipotential bonding with respect to trunking and how this may achieved effectively.

My answer : Good earthing ? / additional protection ?

thank you all for your time

I have been in the trade for so many years that its frightening, but (a) Do not understand the questions and so (B) cannot answer them .

Question 1. Let me look again, no I have no idea what it means.

Question 2. Yes, Metal trunking needs to be earthed , supplimentary bonding from trunking to a gas pipe run close by ? Again I can make no sense out of it, perhaps its time to give up.

1) Describe the effect of using single cables in this way in respect of cable lenght / cost and saving compared to alternative method.

My answer : Cable run saving

2) Explain the purpose of supplementary equipotential bonding with respect to trunking and how this may achieved effectively.

My answer : Good earthing ? / additional protection ?
Same situation as Evans, except I've not been in the trade years!

1) I would guess refers to 'singles' rather than 'single'? In which case I'm guessing it's referring to conduit systems?

2) As Evans said.

We really need the scenario that's set out before these questions!