Wot a load of rubbish from yet another cowboy.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
called in to a job today after i finished fiting a flood light for my aunt. Applaud Smiley :^O

guy told me that the electrician that wired his extension messed all the lighting up and wanted me to go and see if it was possible to rearrannge the feeds easily or not.

well turns up on site, and looked at the switch,

'oh i wouldnt do that if i was you' came the reply the amount of wires in the back of this switch box, was 7 twin and earths :eek:

apparetnly the chase on the wall was 4 inched wide (the extension was wored in 2005 :eek: and the under cabinet lights that the electrician were going to fit still havent been fitted, Apparently he is in prison now though for hitting his girlfriend)

any ways back to the job :) opened the first 2 gang switch up and found 7 cables, continuity tested them and found where they went. see plan ;)

found the 5 lamps on left side on a cable to switch, then another from 5 lamps on right side of kitchen, then another cable disappeared to power the lounge, then another went to the 2 lamps on their own, then a feed from the light in the old garage to feed the light switch, and then another feed from there to the light switch the other end for the supposidly 2 way, then yet the 7th cable that dissapears to the hall to refeed that, When i took the switch apart, the erath wasnt connected to anything, not sleeving on the blue starpper cable between 2way switches, and last but not least being in june/july 2005 not even a certifcate or part p cert was issued, ive told them its not brilliant, but have made it safer than it was by reconnecting the earths, and sleeving blues up and re making the cables etc. but they are going to track him down and try and prosecute, when he gets out of prison :^O

utter ****e aint the word :_| :_| :_|

ioiio.jpg

What would you like us to say that you haven't said already

you made a statment and not ask a question that is why no one has replied

wot i would like to ask is how long did it take to do the drawings . :)

dont look like anyones interested in my thread :( :(
1:40mins??? give us a ruddy chance!!!!!

you is getting impatient mr badger!!! :eek: :^O

I would just say as a side point...

I found it hard to read cuz I think your picture is too wide for my screen...

I loose about the last 5 or 6 characters on the right hand side...

Have to keep scrolling left & right..

feels like I'm watching the ruddy Tennis!!! :_| :eek:

The wiring sounds like a big lump of doggy brown stuff!!! X(

Was he beating his girlfriend cuz she complains about his wiring as well? :| :^O

the one one the left (red dashed linea are the twin and earth strappers to that other switch, and black are the cable from light fittings to the switch. even i though 7 was a lot when i took the switch off.

Latest posts