Wot, no neutral?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcdman

Reaction score
Had a cracker today! Got a call from my local non-league footy team who play in the Unibond Premier (the old Northern Premier) League, could I look at the kit washroom as it was tripping the RCD continually and they need to be able to wash kit when the friendlies start again next week.

They had the kit washroom re-done around 18 months ago - new circuit put in from one of the supply cupboard phases via a DP 80A Wylex switch-fuse. 20m of SWA then clipped around the building feeding a Wylex CU with a 80A 30mA RCD incomer with 4 x 20A MCBs, each feeding a metal clad double socket, and a 6A MCB feeding a couple of fluorescents. Each of the double sockets had a washer and a drier plugged in, so 4 x washer and 4 x drier total (just your normal domestic stuff, nothing fancy).

Apparently the RCD had been tripping more and more frequently until it now won't reset at all - even with all the MCBs switched off.

Took a look and sure enough the RCD won't reset at all - unless the switch-fuse in the supply cupboard was off. Immediately suspect a lost supply neutral, but have a check of the washroom circuits from the CU anyway - nothing amiss. Check the SWA back long it's length - no damage or animals so off to the supply cupboard. Take the front off the switch-fuse and - ta-da - there's the neutral incoming tail leaning on the phase incoming tail! Whoever fitted it 18 months ago obviously hadn't done the final extra "is everything tight" check that I do as a habit. It's obviously been getting further and further out until it fell out totally. :|

Shoved it back in - tightened it up and all's well again. Applaud Smiley

Now do I bill the time or haggle for a season ticket?? (

That depends on if you're interested in the team...

Another option could be some free/discounted advertising, either in the programme or on a hording..

But you would have to have some idea of the number of spectators cause it'd be no good if only half a dozen people see the Ad!!

That depends on if you're interested in the team...Another option could be some free/discounted advertising, either in the programme or on a hording..

But you would have to have some idea of the number of spectators cause it'd be no good if only half a dozen people see the Ad!!
You mean like West Brom ; \ ; \ ; \

It's a very succesful club & team - just won the league cup, just missed out on promotion to the "conference north" (lost in play-off semi-final) and missed the play-offs by just 1 goal (goal diff) the season before. I'm a regular there, which is why they called me and not the numbnuts who did the job in the first place! Typical crowd is around 280-320 depending on the away support, home support is roughly 200-220. Hoardings are

Go for a free hoarding and a season ticket, will not cost them as much as if you invoiced and cheaper than buying a new striker.

Latest posts