Wow, wow, wow

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My customer realised it was a rip off and wanted me to confirm it prior to ripping a new defectory orifice for her now Ex-letting agent
Do you think the letting agent will realise she has lost that contract because they appointed a cowboy rip off sparky for the "inspection" and change electrician?

Or do you think it will go unnoticed?

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ 

ive just done a proper EICR on a 2 bedroom bungalow. I charged £155, remedial work about £50

another spark charged £84 for a “report” which was an email from the lettings agency, and his remedial were £963 + VAT

^^ 

ive just done a proper EICR on a 2 bedroom bungalow. I charged £155, remedial work about £50

another spark charged £84 for a “report” which was an email from the lettings agency, and his remedial were £963 + VAT

I need an EICR done in Dartford. 2 bed terrace. Vacant,  no furniture. Plastic split load Hager board. 7 circuits, 3 rings, 4 radials inc a couple of RCBOs. Mate was with NAPIT but given it up. He did it last. 

Letting agent this morning reckons their favoured man charges £180.

Mate of a mate wants £350 ffs but he did say he does a proper job! 😂

Mate of a mate wants £350 ffs but he did say he does a proper job! 😂
That  seems a lot to me  .  Theres a note pinned  to the cork board in front of me as write .........EICR   3 -4 bed / Local  ...8 -10 circuits  £ 190 .    

You need to allow an hour  for writing the report out  , the Kewtech  are  7 pages .   

That £180 will be for a visual only by the time the agent has added their markup........

.....and £350 for a 2 bed terrace...!!!!!!!!!!!! wow
Thats what I thought  ....but then its darn sarf  Noz ,  they're all millionaires  darn there . 

Its crazy  sometimes !     About ten years ago a local estate agents  asked if I was interested in doing their empty lets  & for sale  .   I quoted them a standard figure  based on  , 5 hours   & local only.       ( 1/2 hour  to collect key .....1/2 hour to return it .....  3 hours on site .... 1 hour writing  PIR  .  

He dismissed me  stating they can get a Asian guy  who does them in 20 mins  as long as he gets all the follow up work .         

That  seems a lot to me  .  Theres a note pinned  to the cork board in front of me as write .........EICR   3 -4 bed / Local  ...8 -10 circuits  £ 190 .  

Funnily enough it's a stone's throw from Littlebrook power station. I wouldn't be rude to you btw 😂

Mate's mum was a Sister at Joyce Green Hospital that the plant was next door to. Call came in one day from the power station asking along the lines for "the biggest barrel of disinfectant you've got...we've got a shovel". Bloke had fallen off the chimney. Mum and Dads mate was a sparks there when I was a kid. Alan somebody...

One thing we need to keep in mind when quoting an EICR  ..based on the Kewtch I bought  ...remember theres 8 pages to fill in  ..on top of the site visit .

Take a look at what surveyors charge to visit a house sale .  

Take a look at what surveyors charge to visit a house sale .  
And take even more notice of the caveats AND what they don't cover

they didn't notice that my mates new house wasn't on main drains and was on a septic tank

due to the new septic tank regs 2020 it cost him and his neighbour who shares the tank £23k between themt

Erm...so you don't have to be a member of a cps to do an EICR is how I read this??.

"The electrical safety industry has established competent person schemes. Membership of these will not be compulsory to ensure there is no further pressure placed on the industry, nor undue burden placed on inspectors and testers".

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/electrical-safety-standards-in-the-private-rented-sector-guidance-for-landlords-tenants-and-local-authorities/guide-for-landlords-electrical-safety-standards-in-the-private-rented-sector