Zs + RCBO's

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cruising in the Western Med (I can just about afford it on my Sparky pay).B-)Even managed to blag my way down to the engine room for an hour. The chief found it hard to believe that a female might know anything about electricity but warmed to his task once he knew I understood what he was saying.

I wonder if the old mariners' saying concerning women and bad luck is still rife?
Very nice too I hope you had a great time.

Hello DHES-LTD,

I see you have found the entrance to the home for insane electricians.... :p

Beware Admin don't let you back out if you stay longer that three days! :eek:

you had better grab a few of these while you can... Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

Yep, me too Fluk 1653, very easy to use.

I think that asking for a 17th edition tester does not mean necessarily that it will not trip the RCBOs, normally it will be marked on the box that it will not trip the RCBO.

Being honest, probably I am very stupid because I cannot see the difference between 16th and 17th edition testers...

Yep, me too Fluk 1653, very easy to use.I think that asking for a 17th edition tester does not mean necessarily that it will not trip the RCBOs, normally it will be marked on the box that it will not trip the RCBO.

Being honest, probably I am very stupid because I cannot see the difference between 16th and 17th edition testers...
you mean you cant see the difference between '16' and '17'?!

I am talking about testers, if you are so surprised can you enlighten me with the differences between the way you tested according to 16th edition and the testing according to 17th edition. I am not talking about changes in the Zs values or any other changes in the regulations but different requirements from the tester itself.

I am talking about testers, if you are so surprised can you enlighten me with the differences between the way you tested according to 16th edition and the testing according to 17th edition. I am not talking about changes in the Zs values or any other changes in the regulations but different requirements from the tester itself.
phase rotation?

phase rotation?
phase rotation is on very few test kits. the fluke 1653 is the only MFT i can think of that has phase rotation. most people who need phase rotation will have a seperate tester for that

phase rotation should have also been checked under 16th anyway

as for the differences between a 16 and 17th test kit.... just a name thing. same as 'part p' test kits. no such thing, its just they meet whats needed by 16th/17th etc, so got called them (similar to an insulation tester being called 'megger')

phase rotation is on very few test kits. the fluke 1653 is the only MFT i can think of that has phase rotation. most people who need phase rotation will have a seperate tester for thatphase rotation should have also been checked under 16th anyway

as for the differences between a 16 and 17th test kit.... just a name thing. same as 'part p' test kits. no such thing, its just they meet whats needed by 16th/17th etc, so got called them (similar to an insulation tester being called 'megger')
di-log 9073 has phase rotation also 9083p

never used/looked at them
Cheap stuff, the guy who calibrated my fluke and pat meter did not rate them. I have a 9073 but it is not calibrated, had a 9083p but it went back to them as it was faulty. I now use fluke 1652 but having a few problems with this. I do seem to get problem meters.

Batty

Cheap stuff, the guy who calibrated my fluke and pat meter did not rate them. I have a 9073 but it is not calibrated, had a 9083p but it went back to them as it was faulty. I now use fluke 1652 but having a few problems with this. I do seem to get problem meters.Batty
Are you just rough with them?

Cheap stuff, the guy who calibrated my fluke and pat meter did not rate them. I have a 9073 but it is not calibrated, had a 9083p but it went back to them as it was faulty. I now use fluke 1652 but having a few problems with this. I do seem to get problem meters.Batty
Get a Megger. Nuff said.

phase rotation?
Yes I see your point, but if your 16th tester had this option you would not have to worry about it. I use the Fluke 1653 and it has this option.

phase rotation is on very few test kits. the fluke 1653 is the only MFT i can think of that has phase rotation. most people who need phase rotation will have a seperate tester for thatphase rotation should have also been checked under 16th anyway

Thanks for making my point.