£800 Worth Of C.k Sidecutters To Be Won!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:eek:

FFS,

even knipex arent anywhere near that........

and in all honesty I cant see them being any better, the last pair I had I wouldnt have rated near as good as knipex, but they were decent.

31 pound worth every penny at that price, but I do by mine a couple of months ago, and it was electrafix bit pricey in there but it was just around the corner.

You most certainly are!

Please feel free to get involved. As we said at the outset, we are happy with good bad and even the ugly feedback

You most certainly are!

Please feel free to get involved. As we said at the outset, we are happy with good bad and even the ugly feedback
The only feedback I have on my Combicutters was that occasionally the cable slips too far into the jaw and then it's not cut cleanly as it gets stuck in the notch.

I like the notches so I can live with it.

I can also vouch for the insulating properties :Blushing

Intriguing - Lets keep this going - If you had the best side cutters in the world, what would they look like and do?

Well, ok then, brace yourself....

In my opinion the best ones would be a mixture of the Draper Expert angled handle version AND the Combicut MAX [my current weapon of mass construction]

CK handles are better in my hands, bit chunkier

Draper screw shear 3.5mm and 4mm feels a bit negative

Draper has nice feature at the tip for flush cutting and snipping small stuff. Unfortunately one wrong move and the tip is as much use as something that is useless!

Draper has a crimp feature advertised as for 1.5/2.5 crimps. IT IS NOT! it is for ferrules

A red/blue crimp feature would be nice on the handle side of the pivot point [like Kewtechnic pliers used to have]

Draper 'wire ring former' is quite useful

Well you did ask!

'Orses for courses really

CK for everyday use...Draper for sunday best/twiddly stuff. On reflection if I had to choose one it would be the CK Max....not too bothered about the notches, soe=metimes they are a godsend and other times they are a Barrymore

I'm always worried that I will misplace the core in the combi-cutters and give it a haircut!

I have related a story about client engineers and giving wire ends a haircut here in the past.

Ideal wire cutters, difficult.

Cut & strip from 0.25mm sq tri rated singles, to 95mm sq 5 core SWA, with no chance of giving the small cores a "haircut".

Too much to ask I suspect. ;)

I have a "bootlace" crimper that does 50mm sq. so not all of us do domestic, I do some domestic, have last 2 days, in fact today was plumbing, and waste plumbing at that!

MM would not believe me when he ring me & I told him I could not stop as I had just put a hole saw through a SVP deliberately!

I had to fit a strap on boss.

Finished that and went on to a CNC lathe fault.

So very diverse.

Im in, sad time in a my life as I had to select the 25-35 age catagory!

I bought some of your snips last month, great bit of kit as always. Normal side cutters, I can do most things with them, not massively keen on the combination ones but if I am honest I've never lived with a pair.

Im in, sad time in a my life as I had to select the 25-35 age catagory!

I bought some of your snips last month, great bit of kit as always. Normal side cutters, I can do most things with them, not massively keen on the combination ones but if I am honest I've never lived with a pair.
These young whipper snappers 25-35 FFS

I just 'zimmered' into the 56+ section!........what, with me in my condition :innocent

It seems that we have weapons of mass construction, weapons of grass destruction (golf clubs), weapons of mass presentation (Power point) and weapons of mass production (Vans)

Weapons of mass electrocution are??

But back to the best side cutters in the world - thanks for your comments so far

Firstly - thanks for another great offer, CK - very impressive :applause

A couple of questions give an "other" box - but you still have to tick a box - so I ticked "CK" wherever possible on those ;)

As for an ideal cutter - I`m a bit like the snakey one here - I`ve got three different sidecutters I use regularly - dependant on what I`m doing, and with what (oooh-errr).

but they DO look like "nice" sideies - and I haven`t got any, and could do with a new pair - so I`ll hold off buying until after I haven`t won :slap

would have to be the handles off the older style knipex, the plain red ones, have never found anything since that felt so good in the hand, ;) , in fact I sometimes scour ebay for NOS , sometimes I get lucky :)

have the cutting ability of the Knipex 200mm high leverage pliers (25mm tails easily with one hand for a wet rag like me), [again, the old red ones]

finished in polished like the old opaque handled knipex pliers,

NO notches like most of my cutters [cos I havent checked for dead properly/havent been paying attention], I cant cope with notches, deliberate or otherwise.

able to cut paper, [like knipex, is this getting boring yet?]

I like the idea of the 3.5 and 4mm treaded cutters,

be 180mm max, preferrably 160mm ,

Im sure I'll think of something else.

Latest posts