Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeymike

Reaction score
Just completed my 206 today, was a really tough job with the mistakes I made but I got it tested & spected & powered up got it done in time. & it worked.

But I had to take half the job down since the dimentions were wrong :(

I did get help from my tutor which he said any help degrades you from distinction - credit - pass.

Still don't know if I've passed but anyone who's done the 206 been in the same boat? It's not the best job in the world I've done since my pyro didn't work & had to re-arrange my metal conduit but the rest of the job was ok such as wires, in correct place etc.

I had to do a 2way intermediate of a junction box to a fluorecent light, 4 Radial sockets in Pvc Pvc T & E apart from the last 2 in pyro

isolator to a submain in metal conduit.

Havent done mine yet, but seems you had harder stuff to deal with,we have been informed of our exam, and we doing essentially the same,but our conduit is plastic and no micc

doing mine next week, got the diagrams from the college.

3 Circuit-

Cooker circuit

Lighting circuit with 2x 2way and intermediate

final ring circuit

all clipped direct to plywood in T&E :D

cant believe you get 7.5hrs?

doing mine next week, got the diagrams from the college.3 Circuit-

Cooker circuit

final ring circuit

I hope you get three core and earth for the lighting would be a lot easier.

doing mine next week, got the diagrams from the college.3 Circuit-

Cooker circuit

final ring circuit

All clipped to ply? How did you manage to wangle that one?

yeh its all clipped direct, was surprised when i got the stuff through.

2-way switching is T&E as well so hopefully use 3-core and cpc.

the ring circuit gets dropped down the back of the booth to the first outlet the mini trunking to the second.

When I did the C&G 2330, Unit 206 Practical exam, they were strict on the fact that we HAD to have 3 different types of surface to fix to, and they were, Brick, Plastered blockwork and plasterboard.

we got 2 plywood and plasterboard.

one switch and one socket go on the plasterboard everything else on the plywood.