2330 Level 3 301 Mock Questions (Papers) AND Answers.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have put a few pdf's in the Download Area, of the 301. Mock Papers / Questions and have included the answers too.

Download them here.

Regards,

Admin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for them. The more questions to answer, the better prepared I hope!

im not even gonna attempt to answer them... ive already passed, and i doubt i could do it again!
Go on, You know you want to. ]:)

Nice one Admin Applaud Smiley

Just completed now...helps to have the answers to check against.

These are a great help. :)

Thanks Admin, Top man!!

Guiness DrinkGuiness Drink

No Probs Gents.

I have some more to add, hopefully; soon.

im a new user to this and am jsut about to sit my level 3 exams, like most of the other people on this i could do with as many of these papers as i can get my hands on, if any1 elese has any more please let me know!!!!

also admin thanks those papers are great!

More Questions:

Q1. A Hall measures 13m x 15m with a light loss factor of 0.65 and utilisation factor of 0.75. It is to be luminated to a level of 500 lux, the total lumen output will be:

a) 400

B) 69642

c)97500

d)200000

Q2. If a single loop of wir forms the armature of a single d.c generator, the emf, generated in one of the coil is given by the formula:

a) e = 2Φ60/Np

B) e = 2N/60pΦ

c) e = 2ΦND/60

d) e = 2ND/60Φ

Q3. A series a.c circuit has a resistance of 10ohm, inductive reactance 5ohm and a capacitive reactance 2ohm. The impedance of the combination is:

a) 0.427ohm

B) 4.27ohm

c) 8.3ohm

d) 10.44ohm

Q4. When a circuit having a resistance & inductance is connected to an a.c supply, a current of 10A flows. If the in phase component of current is 6A, the power factor of the circuit is:

a) 0.5

B) 0.6

c) 0.8

d) 0.9

Q5. When a single semi-conductor diode is connected across an a.c supply having a peak value of 10V, the peak inverse voltage (PIV) across the diode is:

(I have lost the options for this one - sorry).

Q6. A pure inductor of reactance 50ohm is connected across a single-phase 230V supply. The power dissipated in the circuit will be:

a) 1058w

B) 105.8w

c) 10.58w

d) 0w

HTH. ;)

just done my 301 loads of motor questions.get your self a motor book and read it cover to cover.

how did you get on with 301 Searley? I have got mine next week did any of questions from this thread come up?

how did you get on with 301 Searley? I have got mine next week did any of questions from this thread come up?
Ohhh Yesssss !!!

I have had a go at answering these does anyone know if they are correct?

Q1. A Hall measures 13m x 15m with a light loss factor of 0.65 and utilisation factor of 0.75. It is to be luminated to a level of 500 lux, the total lumen output will be:

a) 400

B) 69642

c)97500

d)200000 ExA/UFxLL

Q2. If a single loop of wir forms the armature of a single d.c generator, the emf, generated in one of the coil is given by the formula:

a) e = 2Φ60/Np

B) e = 2N/60pΦ

c) e = 2ΦND/60? We have been taught that its E=2pΦNZ/60c

d) e = 2ND/60Φ

Q3. A series a.c circuit has a resistance of 10, inductive reactance 5 and a capacitive reactance 2. The impedance of the combination is:

a) 0.427

B) 4.27

c) 8.3

d) 10.44

Q4. When a circuit having a resistance & inductance is connected to an a.c supply, a current of 10A flows. If the in phase component of current is 6A, the power factor of the circuit is:

a) 0.5

B) 0.6 I guessed its' 10/6 is this correct?

c) 0.8

d) 0.9

Q5. When a single semi-conductor diode is connected across an a.c supply having a peak value of 10V, the peak inverse voltage (PIV) across the diode is:

Does anyone know formula for this?

(I have lost the options for this one - sorry).

Q6. A pure inductor of reactance 50 is connected across a single-phase 230V supply. The power dissipated in the circuit will be:

a) 1058w

B) 105.8w

c) 10.58w

d) 0w