2391 exam

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dazzler

Reaction score
sat my 2391 exam in December still waiting for my results! anyone out there know when there due out! going mad here!!!!!!

sat my 2391 exam in December still waiting for my results! anyone out there know when there due out! going mad here!!!!!!
Did mine last night, told it could take up to 45 days, so you should be told any day, chase the centre?

Apparently they mark a 15% sample of the papers, then all of the examiners get together to see the results of the sample, they have a debate on how hard or easy the questions have been on the paper, then compare with the sample and set the pass mark based on these factors, so if the 15% sample have on balance high marks they may set the pass rate higher on this paper, then they all go back and mark all of the papers based on the agreed difficulty and pass or fail etc. Very odd since as a general rule exam pass rates are defined as the paper is compiled and completed

Hello Dazzler, welcome to the forum. To save confusion I have deleted your other duplicate post in the Electricians talk forum. The topic is obviously legitimate in both, probably best in here as this is also your first post. It can get a bit messy and difficult to keep up with replies if multiples of the same post added. Some of our members would loose their way or get very confused seeing the same thing twice. Anyway, good to have you here, hope your results come though soon.

Doc H.

sat it December 4 ! that isn't a very fare way to mark exam in my eyes, it should have an actual pass rate surely, the centre were i sat mine said they mark it by how well you do in each section with the second part being the most important because thats were you pick up most of your marks, they told us above 80% would be a pass. how do you think you done today?

sat it December 4 ! that isn't a very fare way to mark exam in my eyes, it should have an actual pass rate surely, the centre were i sat mine said they mark it by how well you do in each section with the second part being the most important because thats were you pick up most of your marks, they told us above 80% would be a pass. how do you think you done today?
I was told that the typical pass floats between 90-97 points out of 150, and yes the last 6 questions are worth 90pts

Thought after 1 hour and 20 questions done wow this is not very difficult, turned the page and thought oh s**t :_| :_|, I had to rush the last two questions as I spent too much time faffing around with 21-24, I think they may find my weak points on that section so on balance I think I might be outside the 30% pass club :|

thanks Doc, first time doing this so bit lost and i don't get on with computers.

pretty much the same the first section breezed it but then got a slap round the chops when i turned the page, but a think i did ok, managed to get my hands on the paper i sat and worked out that i dropped around 40 marks but C&G might see that different.

I waited 4 months for mine last year. 3 months is not uncommon.......sorry

Yes, they can!! It took 9 months to get my certificate because the college "Lost" the practical results for a while, and I had to put in an official complaint before they suddenly "Reappeared" from under a file somewhere in the art department concidentaly just after my complaint letter landed on their doormat. Still, got the darned cert in the end. I hope you get yours through a bit quicker!

Hello dazzler! ;) :)

1. WELCOME to the forum that is now 12 months old...

(so admin2 reminds us!! :D :^O:^ O) Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

2. I do hope that by now you have found the virtual bar and downed a few of KME's beers!!!Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

I luv giving away KME's beer] :) ]:) :^O :^O

3. I did my 2391 back in 2000.. and I vaguely remember it been one helluva big wait till the results came through!!! :_| :_| :_|

not thats it's much help to you! :|

but I have a feeling NozSparks 3-months was quite near the mark?

you better just down a few more of theseGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

and wait quietly;) :)

while you are waiting you can browse the forum..

and chat with us lonely old sods!

are you a night poster or a day poster...

or bilingual?? :eek: ? :|

go and ask admin if you can have on of his Twix's? ]:) ] :)

:) :^O

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Dazzler, welcome to the forum. To save confusion I have deleted your other duplicate post in the Electricians talk forum. The topic is obviously legitimate in both, probably best in here as this is also your first post. It can get a bit messy and difficult to keep up with replies if multiples of the same post added. Some of our members would loose their way or get very confused seeing the same thing twice. Anyway, good to have you here, hope your results come though soon.Doc H.
hmmm!:OX(

I do hope you're not hinting at late night cows, guinea pigs, KME's, Battys, Badgers or similar types there DOC????

Cuz they is now ALL my friends Applaud SmileyApplaud Smiley:DBlushing

Even the Godfather is now my friend... (& Patches you know)..

and we can come and let your tyres down...

or put a horses head in your boot with our contacts!!!! :D ] :) ]:) ] :) ]:)

:^O :^O:^O:^O:^O:^O

cheers dude, looks like am in for a bit of a wait then! c&g need to get there act together if u ask me.

[.