2391 or 2392 whats the difference?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madeinengland

Reaction score
hi i'm gonna finish 2330 L3 this month. i want to get into the testing side of things and do a 2391 testing course which i know is pretty difficult (60% failure rate).but i'd never heard of 2392 until this forum.what's the difference between 2391 and 2392? is one harder than the other? will the NICEIC look at you differently if you have one without the other.

The 2392 was originally introduced because of the high failure rate of the 2391. It covers virtually all the aspects of the 2391 but at a level that's suitable for less experienced electricians. It is also limited to single phase, hence the domestic comment that is usually attached to it.

The external exam is multi choice, 50 questions and the practicals are assessed as strictly as the 2391 but it is not as difficult and only single phase.

It's probably best looked at as a progression award rather than a full one. The 2391 is designed for those already experienced with inspection and test and looks deeper into the subject, it's assumed that you are more than comfortable with testing already. The 2392 assumes that you have some experience, but want to consolidate before looking at the 2391.

Incidentally the low pass rate of the 2391 is because the course is targeted at experienced testers but a lot of companies don't vet students before they join the course.

30% Pass rate on the 2391.

I have just Completed the 2330. Done my last exan, this afternoon. 303 Written.

I am going to enrol on Saturday for the 2392.

:)

Then - Eventually - I will do the 2391.

PS. I have seen the software that our sponsor uses and the 2392.

And I must say that I am impressed.

The software is very similar to that used in the real exams.

ok forget that, its my browser playing up. When do you get your results?

My results (302 & 303) or the results of the Multi-choice online exam?

Don't know the proper mark for certain, But I know everyone passed the 302. (Minimum).

Only did the 303 Today (as you know) so I will get a preliminary report on that, Next Week.

Thanks.

Don't know the proper mark for certain, But I know everyone passed the 302. (Minimum).Only did the 303 Today (as you know) so I will get a preliminary report on that, Next Week.

Thanks.
Sure you'll be fine :D Do you think it went ok?

In direct answer to the op:

2391 or 2392 whats the difference?
the answer is 1

:coat

I think one of the reasons why the 2391 exam has such a low pass rate these days is because people who have not had the experiance are doing the exam.

If you have passed all your exams, and do any testing on a regular basis I do not think the 2391 is particulary hard.

Most questions can be answered from past experiances, and by knowledge of calculation.

I was always rubbish at maths at school but could always work out the PFC at a given db.

I am however blessed with a relatively good memory which is all important on this test.

I know better electricians than me have failed, he reminds me every day.

My son in law.