2394 And 2395 Together

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I attended there. I wouldn't bother these days where are you located?

I attended there. I wouldn't bother these days where are you located?
Sevenoaks. I went to North West Kent is Gravesend and East Surrey College in Redhill before...................but neither do these courses. Plus NWK is 'effin expensive and then some!

Last edited by a moderator:
I did the 2395 earlier this year, if you have done the 2330 level 3 there is no need to do the 2394 as this is initial verification which you have already done.

Hope this helps

Matt

I did the 2395 earlier this year, if you have done the 2330 level 3 there is no need to do the 2394 as this is initial verification which you have already done.

Hope this helps

Matt
Excellent! That I didn't realise. I have 2330 Level 3 and 2382 also. Cheers again.

I have 2382 and 2330 Level 2 with a lot of practical experience. I was told I can take 2395 without having to take 2394.

Is this possible or do I have to take 2394 as well?

I have 2382 and 2330 Level 2 with a lot of practical experience. I was told I can take 2395 without having to take 2394.

Is this possible or do I have to take 2394 as well?
If post #4 is correct, and I'm assuming it is as he's DONE IT, then you would need to have 2330 Level 3 also to avoid doing the 2394.

TBH if this course is a replacement for the 2391 you would be silly to only do half of it.  A college will let you do what you pay for they dont care.  If its like the 2391 you will feel every second is worth it.  I didnt do the 2330 but i doubt they teach you to test properly at college.

Can you get a JIB approved card with only a qualification in periodic testing and not initial verification?

TBH if this course is a replacement for the 2391 you would be silly to only do half of it.  A college will let you do what you pay for they dont care.  If its like the 2391 you will feel every second is worth it.  I didnt do the 2330 but i doubt they teach you to test properly at college.

Can you get a JIB approved card with only a qualification in periodic testing and not initial verification?
jeez, yet more numbers,

I still never ever did understand what the 2 bits they made the 2391 into were. 2391-10  2391-20  :C

and now we have more numbers, is it just a money game?  :|

I've NEVER heard anyone say "Do you have initial verification?". They say "Do you have the 2391?" or "Have you got your test and inspection?".  :lol:

2391-20 was the design course, not much to do with testing at all.  

Onoff, then the answer would be 'yes i have half, trained to do periodics only'  

2391-20 was the design course, not much to do with testing at all.  

Onoff, then the answer would be 'yes i have half, trained to do periodics only'  
Cheers for that. So if it's "Design" then does 2396 replace 2391-20?

As an aside I've emailed the college to see if I can get on JUST the 2395 in April. IF I find later that I SHOULD have also done the 2394 then it'll be my own fault! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes that correct there was only ever one testing qualification.  it was made into two courses to make life a bit easier for the student i suppose, not really so that it can be picked which one you want to do, both of them probably are not as hard as the 2391 let alone one.  

Personally if i had to do it all again I would do both as i found it so beneficial.  

Id be suprised it the college said you couldnt they are in the business of making money, TBH i havnt heard good things about k college recently, certainly not the same college as when i went there!

Yes that correct there was only ever one testing qualification.  it was made into two courses to make life a bit easier for the student i suppose, not really so that it can be picked which one you want to do, both of them probably are not as hard as the 2391 let alone one.  

Personally if i had to do it all again I would do both as i found it so beneficial.  

Id be suprised it the college said you couldnt they are in the business of making money, TBH i havnt heard good things about k college recently, certainly not the same college as when i went there!
Actually I was looking to do the 2395 at East Surrey College. I did my 2382 at ESC whilst doing my Level 2 2330 at NWK as NWK wanted silly money for the 17th. At the end of the Level 2 2330 NWK said "Anyone who wants to do Level 3.................find another college because we're NOT offering it". So I went back to ESC where I'd done the 2382. ESC are offering either 2394 & 5 combined or 2395 on its own.

Doing my 2395 in January, spoke to a few training providers who all told me I must do both so I asked why other than its well over a grand in your back pocket and didnt get a reply so went and asked one of my old college tutors who is involved with setting up the 2394/2395 courses for my local college and he says pretty much the same about if you need both or not if you've got your 2330 level 3 theres no point in sitting the 2394 so booked my 2395

If I find out different come january I'll let you know

Well started my 2395 and according to the assesor if you want your approved status the JIB say you must do both your 2394 and 2395 looks like I'll have to book myself onto the inital verification course aswell now