a little knowledge is a dangerous thing..

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
these are some photos including the repairs i made, the crimped cable finished in a plastic choc box but i didnt get a picture, the owner had a handy man headbang install a light outside with a pir unit controller and low voltage pir that also got connected to the existing porch light fitment. the porch was run in single from the hallway double switch, and the handy man double backed the live supply from another trip including a neutral to the porch light aswell. when the house lights tripped and the porch light switch was turned to on position, this would allow the pir controlled part still being turned on on its own trip to back feed the circuit to the house via that porch fitting connected to the double switch in hallway if triggered outside. which is linked through as a live feeding the rest of the house, this was potentially life threatening and he wanted it removing and doing properly, this meant him buying a pir lantern and taking a feed direct from c/u to the light via sw spur,.

View attachment 1480

View attachment 1481

View attachment 1482

View attachment 1483

these are some photos including the repairs i made, the crimped cable finished in a plastic choc box but i didnt get a picture, the owner had a handy man headbang install a light outside with a pir unit controller and low voltage pir that also got connected to the existing porch light fitment. the porch was run in single from the hallway double switch, and the handy man double backed the live supply from another trip including a neutral to the porch light aswell. when the house lights tripped and the porch light switch was turned to on position, this would allow the pir controlled part still being turned on on its own trip to back feed the circuit to the house via that porch fitting connected to the double switch in hallway if triggered outside. which is linked through as a live feeding the rest of the house, this was potentially life threatening and he wanted it removing and doing properly, this meant him buying a pir lantern and taking a feed direct from c/u to the light via sw spur,.
I must be tired

i beg your pardon ! for someone with only 15 posts i dont see what your gettign at as i dont think thats a fair coment when you dont really communicate on this forum very much at all.
But what posts they are Badger its Quality not quantity

But what posts they are Badger its Quality not quantity
It only takes a brief look back over the forum archives to see Mr Blue, that you have a very long way to go to even scratch the surface of Badgers contributions, help, information and general quality of posts on the forum. This is clearly evident by things such as likes received and reputation points, which are awarded by other members when they feel the quality of a particular post has been of some help to them. On this standard Badger is better by both quality and quantity. If you are too tired to post constructively, perhaps its best not to post, until you have had a rest?

Doc H.

It only takes a brief look back over the forum archives to see Mr Blue, that you have a very long way to go to even scratch the surface of Badgers contributions, help, information and general quality of posts on the forum. This is clearly evident by things such as likes received and reputation points, which are awarded by other members when they feel the quality of a particular post has been of some help to them. On this standard Badger is better by both quality and quantity. If you are too tired to post constructively, perhaps its best not to post, until you have had a rest?Doc H.
Thankyou for your support Doc H i actually really appreciate the support from you and other members. much appreciated, heres a drink Guinness for you:Applaud

It only takes a brief look back over the forum archives to see Mr Blue, that you have a very long way to go to even scratch the surface of Badgers contributions, help, information and general quality of posts on the forum. This is clearly evident by things such as likes received and reputation points, which are awarded by other members when they feel the quality of a particular post has been of some help to them. On this standard Badger is better by both quality and quantity. If you are too tired to post constructively, I didn't know I was in a competition Doc

Badger don't take it to heart I didn't mean to upset you. Your post didn't seem that clear to me after only 3 hours sleep.

I have since reread it .......... . However it probably says more about me than you .

I should of not commented.