Aaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After virtualy completing my commercial job I was called back there last night to go over a few changes that need to be made....

When we first talked about the job the ovens were going to be 16A single phase (no hob)!!! When I got there lastnight the ovens were there,,,, 16A 3 phase:_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

The dishwasher was there,, previously told it would plug in,,, look at the data plate 5Kw... :_| :_| :_| :_|

Same thing with the waste disposal... :_| :_| :_| :_|

So now I have to disconnect 2 redundant single phase oven circuits and wire in 3 new 3 phase circuits and change/relocate one of the disconnected circuits for the dishwasher:_| :_| :_| :_|

And there is only 2 spare (single phase) spare right now so 3 in total:_| :_| :_| so I will now have to add a sub DB:_| :_| :_|

Sorry to here that Noz had that on my kitchen job to although the alterations where single phase and not to time consuming. Just make sure you get the extras to cover your costs.

Batty

ffs!! X(

talk about "customer changes their mind":O:|

just make sure you do get the dosh m8..

but it is very demoralising pulling out work and redoing stuff that you have already grafted hard to do! X( :|

Yeh, they are starting to trade from this new address on Monday...

I've fitted the sub DB (right next to the existing), disconnected a couple of circuits for re-configuration and run out some black & grey to make one of them 3phase...

Got me, a couple of plumbers and 2 guys fitting stainless splashbacks tomorrow:_| :_| so it' going to get a bit crowded...

Plumber has asked me to supp bond the kitchen stuff.... seeing as there is a PEB to the water, he's using plastic, none of the metal tables - or equipment are extraneous and they are also earthed by the CPC ............why??????

but "I will if you pay!" BlushingBlushing

Will post more photo's as I go along..

3 phase??????????????????????????????????????????????? ;) ; ) ;) ; ) ;) ; ) ;) ; ) ;) What you doing, running a car repair service??? ;) ; ) ;) ; )

Or is it a bit more Tropical??? ;) ; ) ;) ; ) ;) ; ) ;)
3 phase compressor & welder. so for the extra few quid i fitted 8 way so there is plenty space for extra's

The other thing I had with it was,,

As the existing DB is a Crabtree Loadstar I thought it would look better if I got another one,,, 6 weeks :eek: :Oto order from Crabtree.. in the edd I got a "aherm...BlushingBlushing" Proteus 6 way off the shelf.. :coat

let us know what you think of it once installed. and maybe some pics
Will do,, PIC's are a certainty..

Four comments for now..

1. The case seems to be sturdy enough

2. There seems to be plenty of room (not run in final circuits yet - will tell for certain when I'm done)

3. You need to Lug the N & E incomers, otherwise it'd look pants..

4. The N & E bars are a bit odd,, they look like long earth blocks (but with smaller holes, etc)

When I get the PIC's up I will leave both DB's open for comparison....

Yeh, they are starting to trade from this new address on Monday...I've fitted the sub DB (right next to the existing), disconnected a couple of circuits for re-configuration and run out some black & grey to make one of them 3phase...

Got me, a couple of plumbers and 2 guys fitting stainless splashbacks tomorrow:_| :_| so it' going to get a bit crowded...

Plumber has asked me to supp bond the kitchen stuff.... seeing as there is a PEB to the water, he's using plastic, none of the metal tables - or equipment are extraneous and they are also earthed by the CPC ............why??????

but "I will if you pay!" BlushingBlushing

Will post more photo's as I go along..
Noz on the kitchen I did all work surfaces where supp bonded. My inspector said if you have a high resistance between them and anything electrical they would need supp bonding so the whole lot was bonded together.

Batty

Well, they asked for supp bonding so I will be doing it....
My assessor said with all that metal about in a commercial kitchen if a faulty kettle or something was put on the surface and the is a high impedance there is a good chance a lot could become alive which is not a good thing obviously.

Batty