Airside Electrician? Can You Help ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBenn

Reaction score
I have applied for a postion as an airside maintance electrician in the UK,

I have an informal interview and wanted to research the position a little more.

I was wondering if anyone is or has been one before what's entailed in the position and is there anything I should read up on. Like airside ground lighting ?

I'm currently an industrial / large commercial spark mostly new build or total refurbs.

Thanks in advance

I worked on military airfield lighting many moons ago AGL I think it was designated, it;s an altogether different sphere to get into, at least it was when I worked on it, can;t offer any advice sorry, I'm sure training will be necessary and should be provided.

I'll try and find more on the agl systems currently I can only find information on the types of lights and company's that sell them.

Cheers for replying.

We were airside at Stanstead airport re-doing the fire alarms. Apart from the trillion million pound insurance  (that we could not afford, we paid to be an add on to BAA) there was no difference to any other large job.

Most interesting part was working in the Vat & Customs  clearing hanger, one day it would be full of yogurt & the next day full of 1960's E Type Jags brought back from California.

I have applied for a postion as an airside maintance electrician in the UK,

I have an informal interview and wanted to research the position a little more.

I was wondering if anyone is or has been one before what's entailed in the position and is there anything I should read up on. Like airside ground lighting ?

I'm currently an industrial / large commercial spark mostly new build or total refurbs.

Thanks in advance
ex training needed where fuel is around, ask if there are any courses for to go on, read up on regs for airports and runway electrics, bit different to contracting