Any recommendation for 3.6kW Hybrid Inverter?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rino125p

Reaction score
Could you recommend something with good price/value ratio what's available to buy in UK and meets all requirements of DNO when G98 submitted?

Thank you.

I've limited experience but very happy with my Solis.

I did a lot of research prior to installing my system and they seem pretty popular.

I have the Solis 3.6kw hybrid. Been faultless though only 3 month in 😜

Thanks Guys,
From what I can see, Solis isn't the cheapest one available, but maybe it's worth to pay more in the first place to get better support an peace of mind later.

The one I found is SOLIS RHI-3.6K-48ES-5G 3.6KW HYBRID SOLAR INVERTER. Is that the one you have?
The cheapest I have found is around £1,268 inc. VAT, Have you seen it cheaper anywhere else?
I watch some YouTube reviews and it looks that this inverter have strange looking battery connectors (like kind of clips)? also for AC in and AC out they have a dedicated plugs? Is this ok in your opinion?

Thanks

Artur

Hi. Yes it's a diy install electrician did all the electrician bits and commission
All the plugs come with the Inverter very simple install.
I have 4.8kw battery's. The leads that come with the inverter simply plug into the bottom and the other end goes to a keto DC fused isolator
form for DNO was simple to fill out

@Andy1733 and @glenns have you installed it by yourself? if so, was it difficult to deal with Council and DNO?
Do you have batteries included into your installation?, if so How many kWhs?
Installed myself, checked over by an electrician, no communication with the council but the DNO were very easy to deal with.

Have 8 panels in 2 strings with a max output of 3.65kW, 2 Pylontech US5000 batteries.

Cost around £6k to do the install, but currently on track to use less than 10kWh from the grid for the whole month!!

Thanks Guys,
From what I can see, Solis isn't the cheapest one available, but maybe it's worth to pay more in the first place to get better support an peace of mind later.

The one I found is SOLIS RHI-3.6K-48ES-5G 3.6KW HYBRID SOLAR INVERTER. Is that the one you have?
The cheapest I have found is around £1,268 inc. VAT, Have you seen it cheaper anywhere else?
I watch some YouTube reviews and it looks that this inverter have strange looking battery connectors (like kind of clips)? also for AC in and AC out they have a dedicated plugs? Is this ok in your opinion?

Thanks

Artur

I bought from itstechnologies.shop , take their time to deliver but good prices, don't think they will be much cheaper than what you've found.

I would recommend the FOXESS H1 inverters, for no other reason than their start-up voltage is half of the next best one, which means it will start and end producing significantly before and after all the other inverters. That could be worth staggering amounts throughout its life.

https://www.itstechnologies.shop/pr...inverter-incl-bms?_pos=8&_sid=a4dfb3b99&_ss=r

Have a look and see what you think.

I haven't installed mine yet, it will be the end of October, if you can wait until then I can give you actual feedback, but for now I'm going purely on the stats.

Hope this helps,

Jay

Latest posts